Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

kjgood

Interesting;

Trespass in English law is an area of tort law broadly divided into three groups: trespass to the person, trespass to goods and trespass to land.

Trespass to the person comes in three variants: assault, which is "to act in such a way that the claimant believes he is about to be attacked

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've seen the incident on video several times. There was some annoyance and dare I say anger showing on his face, but do I blame him for stopping her.....no. There were many senior people in the room, who knows what she was going to do, gun, knife, acid, milkshake?. If you are prepared to invade a private function with government ministers and other senior public officials present you should expect to be taken down.

Its a bit shocking the protesters got that far anyway what on earth was the security detail doing?

All on NSC judging by the amount of “experts” on this thread :)

(I include myself in this).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've seen the incident on video several times. There was some annoyance and dare I say anger showing on his face, but do I blame him for stopping her.....no. There were many senior people in the room, who knows what she was going to do, gun, knife, acid, milkshake?. If you are prepared to invade a private function with government ministers and other senior public officials present you should expect to be taken down.

Its a bit shocking the protesters got that far anyway what on earth was the security detail doing?

Where do you hide a gun, knife or milkshake in a scanty evening dress? She was also wearing a sash stating quite clearly the protest was about climate change, who are not known for violent actions.
Security were not fazed by her (as shown on the footage) but Mark Field lost his temper.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Trespassing and heckling are not illegal.

Section 68 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 provides for an offence of aggravated trespass, covering trespassers who engage in conduct intended to obstruct or disrupt lawful activity on that land or who intend to intimidate those taking part in that lawful activity.

Not sure how that fits with freedom to protest mind.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Section 68 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 provides for an offence of aggravated trespass, covering trespassers who engage in conduct intended to obstruct or disrupt lawful activity on that land or who intend to intimidate those taking part in that lawful activity.

Not sure how that fits with freedom to protest mind.

That's where reasonable force comes in. Mark Field did not use reasonable force.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
That's where reasonable force comes in. Mark Field did not use reasonable force.

Can I make it clear that in no way do I support his actions. I only posted because trespass is something that my business suffers on a regular basis, hence it’s a subject that I need to know the laws relating to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
who knows what she was going to do, gun, knife, acid, milkshake?

You don’t know what anyone is going to do? So how do you make the judgement calls to get you through each day without feeling the need to assault women?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
a) If I were the organisers I would be taking my anger out on who supplied (did not supply) the security.
b) If he genuinely felt she was armed and a threat then he dealt with it poorly , you need to ensure person is immobilised and then disarmed. So you could say his action was an under reaction. personally think that her being armed has nothing to do with what he did.

c) The biggest issue is that a lot of people in big businesses are not getting the message, we need to change our ways before its to late. IF this is what it takes i.e. disruption of a high profile 'old boys' club meeting then the lady and her colleagues should be praised.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
b) If he genuinely felt she was armed and a threat then he dealt with it poorly , you need to ensure person is immobilised and then disarmed. So you could say his action was an under reaction. personally think that her being armed has nothing to do with what he did.

The truth of it is that Mark Field did not feel threatened, and because he did not feel threatened he acted as he did because he was confident in being stronger than the person in question. Had that been a person of bigger stature, you can be sure he'd have thought twice about getting up.

But no, he wanted to be the big man, saw he was under little threat and gave it the big billy big bollocks in front of a room of people, all of whom were sat calmly, were not threatened and happy to let security deal with it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48718725

Watch the video on that page and you will see other protesters being ushered out without a single hand around a neck. I think someone was angry and decided to take the law into his own hands.

Yes but this one was a maverick; a mad-eyed law unto herself fresh from the quagmire; an unquashable fiendess with something up that dress that spelt D-A-N-G-E-R. It was something in that saunter that said NECKBOMB!

I don't understand those who keep defending him when he has unreservedly apologised, admitting his guilt. He's not one of the Central Park 5.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Their majority with the DUP is about to disappear so Johnson might not even get to be PM

Boris being so close to finally being PM like he's always wanted only to have it snatched away from him at the last possible moment would be such a wondrous nugget of perfection.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes but this one was a maverick; a mad-eyed law unto herself fresh from the quagmire; an unquashable fiendess with something up that dress that spelt D-A-N-G-E-R. It was something in that saunter that said NECKBOMB!

I don't understand those who keep defending him when he has unreservedly apologised, admitting his guilt. He's not one of the Central Park 5.

Being a Tory he may have got confused with the 2nd Thursday night of each month BDSM sessions at the Pall Mall club. Perhaps he was waiting for her to say the safe word?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here