Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nah that’s fine in my book. She was trying to cause a scene - he removes her from behind her neck. If it was a bloke on bloke nothing would have been said. They’ve got the vote now and equal rights so no room for sexism in today’s society. Chat shit get banged.

Most of that was tongue in cheek - but it wasn’t that bad

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Man removes protester from private event?

That's about the strength of it.

But we all know he will spend all weekend apologising but will ultimately have to resign the party whip next week plus face multiple allegations of assault from people who weren't there but have watched it on Twitter. Meanwhile, the Met or City of London police will be forced to commit officers to investigate, the CPS will decide it isn't in the public interest to prosecute and in the meantime 3 kids in London will get stabbed to death.

And so we carry on :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He won't survive this - he'll be sacked in the morning.

He'll probably be prosecuted too, if a bloke gets done for assault for lobbing a milkshake over Farage, shoving someone into a pillar and grabbing her by the neck will get him up before the beak.

There's no way that he'll be kicked out of parliament though.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Waaay over the top (given what I believe was a peaceful protest). Or course, not a police matter and maybe not a sacking offence but gives a very good insight into how he treats people. Looks a nasty bit of work.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Or course, not a police matter

Well they are looking into it as someone has reported the assault so they don't have much choice.

Let's face it, she was grabbed while she was just walking quickly, so as much as he suspected something was about to happen, he had no justification to lay hands on her in that way, private event or not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
unnecessary, though hardly "horrific" as i heard it described.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well they are looking into it as someone has reported the assault so they don't have much choice.

Let's face it, she was grabbed while she was just walking quickly, so as much as he suspected something was about to happen, he had no justification to lay hands on her in that way, private event or not.

Where was the security?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with the reason for protest but if one is a protester, one can't expect no reaction. The hysterical over-reaction from the media is a sign of our times. Others were also forcibly removed but the TV hardly shows that as the MP behaving this way is more sensationalist. The BBC is disgraceful imo. I don't think for a minute he will be sacked or prosecuted. For those that say that it was heavy-handed and that it was a peaceful protest, how did anyone know whilst it was going on whether any protester had any weapons? MP's and aides have been killed by nutters, so this reaction was entirely proportional. Had it been a woman removing a man in that manner I believe the headlines would have been completely different and the female MP would be lauded for quick-thinking and brave action.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Mark Field he should be congratulated on what could have been a nasty scenario, did he know she wasn't a jo brand type ready to throw acid from her handbag? He didn't punch her or smash her against a wall, he just protected everyone in the room by manhandling her fairly out of the room.

She was an intruder.

If someone busted into my party the same would be done.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
How did the mansion house security allow 40 protestors to gain access in the banqueting hall.

Grabbing a woman and frog-marching her out of the room by the neck? Not a great way to react. Leave that to the trained security types rather than adopt bully boy tactics. His actions could have escalated badly.

Anyway, she did well to passively comply with Mr Field’s strong arm tactics. Surprised he didn’t take her over his knee and giving her a good spanking...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Firstly I'm really not sure why so many people and press are making such a big deal of it being a woman Field roughly treated. Gender has no bearing on the matter.

I have some sympathies with him. If I was on private property going about my legal business and somebody trespassed I'd be tempted to deal with them in the same way he did. I'd compare to me having a nice quiet dinner with Mrs W at say the Coalshed and in walk those idiots from DxE with their piggy masks. I'd be quite happy to remove them.

What Field should have done is blocked her way, asked her to leave and if she refused THEN use reasonable force to remove her.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Firstly I'm really not sure why so many people and press are making such a big deal of it being a woman Field roughly treated. Gender has no bearing on the matter.

Yes it does. Nailed on cert he would have stayed in his seat if the protester had been a man.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Did he object to her awful frock or the way she was wearing her hair ?

Outraged from Wales .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here