Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Catch 22

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was slightly the opposite.

Was looking forward to it then thought it was a bit meh.

Will keep on with it though.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Same for me. Very hard to do justice to what is one of the greatest books ever written, but it was a reasonable(ish) attempt. 5 out of 10.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Major Major Major Major

My god that whole Major Major bit...

"Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Major Major it had been all three."

"He was polite to his elders, who disliked him. Whatever his elders told him to do, he did. They told him to look before he leaped, and he always looked before he leaped. They told him never to put off until the next day what he could do the day before, and he never did. He was told to honor his father and his mother, and he honored his father and his mother. He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed. He turned the other check on every occasion and always did unto others exactly as he would have had others do unto him. When he gave to charity, his left hand never knew what his right hand was doing. He never once took the name of the Lord his God in vain, committed adultery or coveted his neighbor's ass. In fact, he loved his neighbor and never even bore false witness against him. Major Major's elders disliked him because he was such a flagrant nonconformist."

Love it

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I love the book (obvs) and think that, based on the first episode, this is the best adaption for screen yet.

To answer an earlier question, real bombers were used (for the ground shots at least) as the guy who plays Yossarian was commenting on how claustrophobic it was "even going 1 mile an hour down the runway" or something similar (interview in Radio Times).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here