Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Black players in womens football?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can't see it being a race issue, more likely an ability issue. The standard of womens soccerball has got a lot better, but I can't help reading between the lines and feel the standard of your posts has dropped

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only in some teams but it's noticeable in the English and US teams.

I think the English team is pure chance - there have been plenty of black players in the past (Albion's very own Hope Powell, for example) and there's nothing of significance in a lack of them.

The US is a bit more strange but my take is that it's because football is a very middle-class sport in the US and there are fewer middle-class blacks. The lack of Hispanics though is even stranger

BTW, I'm not saying it's bad or good that there's a lack of diversity. I think it's something that will sort itself out in time - I certainly don't see it as a problem

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't see it being a race issue, more likely an ability issue. The standard of womens soccerball has got a lot better, but I can't help reading between the lines and feel the standard of your posts has dropped

Abilities don’t count anymore, it’s a numbers game now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Should there be more transgender representation in Paralympic sport? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Abilities don’t count anymore, it’s a numbers game now.

Or maybe not, which would be why there are none in the England set up; because it's based on ability and it just so happens that at the moment our best women are white.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Didn't notice any non diverse players in the Nigerian ladies team , is that a problem , should we be concerned ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The US is a bit more strange but my take is that it's because football is a very middle-class sport in the US and there are fewer middle-class blacks. The lack of Hispanics though is even stranger

The path to success in US women's 'soccer' is focused entirely through the college system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also not sure why it's just female officials, surely the best teams deserve the best officials regardless of gender.

Maybe this is the case? In all my years of watching male officials they’ve yet to make a convincing argument they’re any good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here