Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Strange post. Do you expect 12 year olds to be able to pay for themselves, or do you want nobody under a certain age going to Brighton games?

My mum paid to take me all over the place watching Albion play from the age of 5 up until I was old enough to have a job and be able to afford to take myself. She didn’t do it to spoil me, she did it because she was delighted to see her son follow on her footsteps supporting the Albion.

:shrug:

Then you were very lucky. My dad couldn't afford to take me to more than a handful of home games and I couldn't afford to take mine, much less all the home and all the away games. I don't think it's strange at all to suggest his behavioural problems at just 17 may have resulted from a pampered and maybe spoilt upbringing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
17 year old kid makes dickish mistake and people are asking for a lifetime ban? Yeah huge mistake but 5 years is about right imo. Might even have grown up by then and stop making the godawful selfie videos that for some unknown reason the kidz seem to enjoy

Exactly this. Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A public figure of Brighton? Sadly this fellow has more problems than he thinks! Delusional or what. He's only 17, yet someone has paid for him to go to Albion home and away since he was 12. Rather spoilt methinks.

Strange post. Do you expect 12 year olds to be able to pay for themselves, or do you want nobody under a certain age going to Brighton games?

My mum paid to take me all over the place watching Albion play from the age of 5 up until I was old enough to have a job and be able to afford to take myself. She didn’t do it to spoil me, she did it because she was delighted to see her son follow on her footsteps supporting the Albion.

Then you were very lucky. My dad couldn't afford to take me to more than a handful of home games and I couldn't afford to take mine, much less all the home and all the away games. I don't think it's strange at all to suggest his behavioural problems at just 17 may have resulted from a pampered and maybe spoilt upbringing.

Having re-read his apology I think you’ve read it wrong (it’s badly written though). I think he’s saying he’s being taken away for 5 years - not he’s been going for 5 years. Not that it matters. He does clearly love the club from his videos but would be interested to know if he used to go Withdean just out of interest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He can drink in pubs in under a year, so hardly some school kid that doesn’t know better. I can’t believe at 17 he didn’t realise what he was doing. 5 year ban seems fair to me, I’m sure he will cope

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I wouldn’t say we were particularly well off; my mum was a nurse and my dad worked in transport. We made sacrifices to be able to afford football because it’s what both my parents were passionate about (Dad was Chelsea unfortunately). I wouldn’t say I was surviving on free school meals and food banks; but we were hardly flush with money either. Most families flew off to Benidorm or Tenerife for a week every year; me and my mum got the Costa Express to Orient instead.

It’s actually starting to come off as just resentment from you, tbh.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Having re-read his apology I think you’ve read it wrong (it’s badly written though). I think he’s saying he’s being taken away for 5 years - not he’s been going for 5 years. Not that it matters. He does clearly love the club from his videos but would be interested to know if he used to go Withdean just out of interest.

That’s how I understood it too, I was replying to SSE who seems to think that a parent taking the child to football more than the regulation amount he’s decided in his head counts as spoiling.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can tell he’s a passionate Brighton fan, the ban will be a big punishment for him. As far as mistakes go this was a biggie but I’m sure he’ll learn from it. The length of ban seems appropriate, it could have been much worse.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
1) Hes always been a likeable lad in the videos but not my thing and a little cringe
2) Saying he’s a figure at BHA or whatever is very silly and delusional
3) Very poor mistake to make - especially using the club he loves
4) Don’t like anyone getting life bans - 5 years is a long time - a year would have done imo - he’s only 17
5) His apology which really goes on about the mental health thing does him no favours at all and seems a poor excuse
6) I hope he learns from it and carries on following he Albion from afar etc.

My opinions on it - both positive and negative.

All very good points.

1 season would be appropriate. I honestly think he’ll be punishing himself enough as it is. Yes at 17 you do have a pretty good idea of what is right and wrong but it is also easy at that age to blur these things.

Looking back I don’t think I properly grew up and had a better understanding of life until my late 20’s and made many mistakes until then. I even voted Tory in my first election!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
never grew up until my 20s, made many mistakes until then. I even voted Tory in my first election!

I was 18 when it was my first election. I voted Tory as well. WTF.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That’s how I understood it too, I was replying to SSE who seems to think that a parent taking the child to football more than the regulation amount he’s decided in his head counts as spoiling.

'A tad agressive' seems about right as you've imagined something in both my posts that isn't there.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
'A tad agressive' seems about right as you've imagined something in both my posts that isn't there.

You’ve said people that go to home and away games with their parents at a young age are spoilt and then backed that up by saying that you didn’t get to go that much and you didn’t get take your kids that often. If a blanket statement like that isn’t a sign of some inner resentment then that’s even sadder really; because then you probably feel the same about families who go on holiday together, or families who do literally any other activity that costs money together.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Havent read all pages but this is all a bit over the top. Can accept comments if this was an adult running an organised sell on ticket racket. No this was a 17 year old who is a genuine supporter doing something very stupid to try and make a few bob. I was twice offered £200 for my seat on way to City ground .I was never tempted but can understand why some would be. Dont know this person and looking at this thread I may be on my own but think 5 year ban on someone who watches games home and away is a bit harsh. Havent we all done stupid things when young

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The only thing that confuses me is the people who were originally blamed were facing a lifetime ban for selling on ONE ticket ?

He sells 17 and gets a five year ban ?

I’m not sure what’s true and what’s not ... and what is harsh and what isn’t ...... but in comparison that doesn’t seem right.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Personally think he got off lightly , considering the threat of lifetime bans for touting , luckily for him the tickets he sold to away fans seemed to have behaved themselves , as far as i'm aware , if there had been trouble between home and away fans then that's when this sort of thing becomes dangerous , and the club have to take all outcomes into consideration even if they never happen .

Iv'e heard lots of stories from people that have been going for years and years that when they queued up for their FA CUP final ticket you were allowed two each and many many people decided to cash in straight away in the 3 mile queue , so the art of selling on tickets by Brighton fans is by no means new , and this lad won't be the last caught doing it .

As for the excuse he gave, that's not for us to say if that's a plausible reason to do what he did or not , the club have made their decision based on the facts , so my advice is to grow a lovely beard , blend in , and take the ban time off to sort yourself out ,and come back in 5 years as Fusion 2 , Bigger Hairier ,Better .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here