Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Vulnerable?

Hardly, anxiety and depression are very easy full backs for people to excuse their behaviour. It's effectively the same thing as blaming ADHD on your children's behaviour, rather than effective parenting. Before anyone cries foul about this, I've GAD since I was 12 years old but still fundamentally believe I am responsible for all my actions. This lad's trying to avoid responsibility behind mental health.

This type of behaviour devalues and desensitizes the reality of mental health problems.

We've signed two new Full Backs?

When?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure if this will work but...

4a8369f7c749267ace7e087161ac3396.jpg
3ad3df500e2267ae2a6233ebc48481dc.jpg
3177186baaa30a32604ae15a7e90fc97.jpg
c5e9c7b0246ec4e7add6fe189e16be43.jpg

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

For those of us that really suffer this is an insult.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For a start, get off YouTube and Twitter. The fact that he thinks he is a 'public figure' in Brighton show signs of self aggrandisement that need to be checked. I doubt it is very good for the young man in question.

This call for help is triggered by illegal actions, not by depression.

At least he is owning up. Now move on. He doesn't need sympathy, he just needs to learn his lesson and get on with life.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I didn't comment on whether it's "ok" - I queried your assertion that NSC "owes him a duty of care". I just don't see how it does, any more than the other sites I cited do. If you're instead arguing that no site on the internet should allow any criticism of anyone in the world who may be vulnerable, then that's a very laudable aim, but utterly unachievable.

NSC closes or locks threads all the time and has a team of very fine (volunteer) moderators who intervene for multiple reasons. Its very achievable and in my view the moderators might have done so because of the risk of inviting abuse but its a fine line and i respect their decision. The person in discussion on this thread is under 18, a child , is identified and has said he's vulnerable and it looks like other children are involved. . Whether you have sympathy for him or not , or whether he's a member of NSC is beside the point imo.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not sure why the mods have allowed this thread. The lad involved is a vulnerable 17 year old. And there should be a duty of care regardless of what he /hasn’t done.

Personally I think it's worse for him if this thread gets shut down, otherwise the only place for comment is by the wolves on Twitter. At least NSC is moderated and largely self policed.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
NSC closes or locks threads all the time and has a team of very fine (volunteer) moderators who intervene for multiple reasons. Its very achievable and in my view the moderators might have done so because of the risk of inviting abuse but its a fine line and i respect their decision. The person in discussion on this thread is under 18, a child , is identified and has said he's vulnerable and it looks like other children are involved. . Whether you have sympathy for him or not , or whether he's a member of NSC is beside the point imo.

I tend to agree with [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]

He's under 18 and I don't see any benefit in his looking at this thread... and he may well be.

We all know the consequences of selling tickets to away fans, now let's get back to slagging each other off over things like cycling.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very lucky boy to only get a 5 year ban. Could quite easily have been a lifetime one. At least it will prevent others from having to stand next to him whilst he gives a running commentary of the game for his videos.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wouldn’t say we were particularly well off; my mum was a nurse and my dad worked in transport. We made sacrifices to be able to afford football because it’s what both my parents were passionate about (Dad was Chelsea unfortunately). I wouldn’t say I was surviving on free school meals and food banks; but we were hardly flush with money either. Most families flew off to Benidorm or Tenerife for a week every year; me and my mum got the Costa Express to Orient instead.

It’s actually starting to come off as just resentment from you, tbh.
I identify with your position on this. My parents were quite poor in the 70's but scrimped and saved as they prioritised the football as it was great bonding for my dad, me and for my brother. We didn't do much else though, but back then, loads of my friends were envious as they would have loved a season ticket at the Albion. I have done the same for my sons whilst not being terribly well off, but it's been a worthwhile investment up till now.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I feel sorry for the kid. I've had terrible anxiety for most of my life, and it is rubbish. I hope he gets the help that he needs. In terms of the situation, The club have probably played it about right to put a ban in place. It's technically a criminal act. I see that he has come off YT and twitter. Also not a bad thing. Attaining a living out of that sort of thing is really difficult and quite rare. I would suggest that energies could be spent into doing something more useful, plus 'fame' is not a positive thing for anyone.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Strange world we live in now. 17 year old lad makes relatively harmless misjudgement all of a sudden hes locally imfamous and decides he needs to make public announcement
Good luck to the fella, harsh lesson learned, move on. If you suffer from anxiety and stuff, perhaps the public limelight is not for you.
About right from the club, no ones got hurt, as you were

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not sure why the mods have allowed this thread. The lad involved is a vulnerable 17 year old. And there should be a duty of care regardless of what he /hasn’t done.

Didn't NSC destroy the life of the kid called Jamie?

Fusion considers himself a public figure of the Albion, a man of importance within the community so it's only natural he's talked about when he does something that gets himself banned for 5 years surely?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Give the kid a break ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
BHAFC embarrassed by association with person who breaks rules and does something unlawful or potentially harmful to the clubs reputation.

Up pipes the 'smoking pot in one of his videos' Randy Banjo in his defence, after being wheeled out into the centre circle last season for a certificate. :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That’s up to them. (And many do lock down discussions like this if reported) but This is NSC and you clearly think it’s ok - I don’t.
That's fair comment, although the discussion has been pretty balanced if he was to read it. There are plenty of folk sympathising with his predicament.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I identify with your position on this. My parents were quite poor in the 70's but scrimped and saved as they prioritised the football as it was great bonding for my dad, me and for my brother. We didn't do much else though, but back then, loads of my friends were envious as they would have loved a season ticket at the Albion. I have done the same for my sons whilst not being terribly well off, but it's been a worthwhile investment up till now.

I bet we aren’t the only two, which is why I found the notion that this kid was spoilt because he goes to football so weird.

I was one of the few kids in my class who didn’t have Sky at home, didn’t have a games console (until I saved up to buy myself one), didn’t have a flashy phone on contract and we didn’t holiday abroad; we used Tesco Vouchers to massively subsidise a holiday with Haven. My parents did those thing so both of them could have a season ticket for the team they supported & so I could have a choice of season tickets when I showed an interest in football.

As I’ve said in this thread I’ve never considered myself poor, but I also don’t consider myself spoilt for having a season ticket at a young age and for going to a few away games every season. :shrug:

Watching the Albion everywhere with my mum and my granddad are some of my fondest childhood memories and I know my mum has always been immensely proud that I chose Brighton whilst we were at Withdean and stuck with them; and I know my granddad was proud of another generation supporting Brighton before he passed away. If that’s spoilt then so be it.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Half the threads on here turn to name calling and nastiness, without knowing if the other person is vulnerable in any way.

It's hardly moderated

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here