Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bob Dylan : Rolling Thunder Review on Netflix

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Has anyone seen Martin Scorsese's documentary "Rolling Thunder Review : A Bob Dylan Story" on Netflix?

I remember when they had a Whistle Test special of one of the concerts at the time (1975). I loved it. I haven't had a chance to see the Netflix film yet as I'm not currently subscribed but intend to.

I've read some of the reviews, mostly favourable but was intrigued to discover that some of the interviewees are fictitious, and are actors playing characters that don't actually exist and telling stories about incidents that never actually happened. Sharon Stone is in it, playing herself, but I believe even the story she relates is mostly made up.

So in a way it's part Mockumentary although the concert footage is obviously real and from the Blood on the Tracks / Desire era.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Been watching bits of it. The music is great, but the footage and interviews away from the stage do set off the pretentious bullshit sirens a little too often.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Been watching bits of it. The music is great, but the footage and interviews away from the stage do set off the pretentious bullshit sirens a little too often.

Maybe because, as I said, a lot of it is actually bullshit. Were you aware when you were watching it?

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I’m not really a fan but still quite enjoyed it.
Thought Mick Ronson looked a bit out of place though!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Has anyone seen Martin Scorsese's documentary "Rolling Thunder Review : A Bob Dylan Story" on Netflix?

I remember when they had a Whistle Test special of one of the concerts at the time (1975). I loved it. I haven't had a chance to see the Netflix film yet as I'm not currently subscribed but intend to.

I've read some of the reviews, mostly favourable but was intrigued to discover that some of the interviewees are fictitious, and are actors playing characters that don't actually exist and telling stories about incidents that never actually happened. Sharon Stone is in it, playing herself, but I believe even the story she relates is mostly made up.

So in a way it's part Mockumentary although the concert footage is obviously real and from the Blood on the Tracks / Desire era.
The music was great. The rest was poor.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here