Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the opening poster. I've said it all along, VAR will ruin football. It's like a dripping tap effect, before we know it the whole game will be changed.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      But if the referees are not going to enforce 'Encroachment' then why have the rule in the first place? Yes, an inch or two will make little difference but we've all seen penalties scored when there has been two or three attcking players 2 or 3 yards inside the box and nothing is ever done, so why have such rules? It happens in Cricket. A bowler taking a wicket with his foot 1cm over the bowling line will be deemed a 'no ball' and the wicket won't stand.

The 6 second goal keeper rule is another one that bugs me that is never penalised either :
      The six second rule came as an amendment to FIFA's Law 12 back in 1998, which states that “a goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds.” If he holds it for a longer time, the opponent is awarded an indirect free kick. - When does that ever happen?

I know I'm being pedantic but the two mentioned above are not supposed to be discretionary, but fully enforced.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No consistency in var. Not even within the same game, never mind, division, league and country level. We find ourselved watching clips stopped and started in slow motion from different angles the Nth officials have, trying to establish if its a clear and obvious referee mistake. Clue. It normally isnt if you need to watch it umpteen times. Annoying
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Guarantee there will be a var app soon if theres isnt to spoil the fun on the parks for kids too.

0 Not allowed!
      I wonder how many times we're going to get fvcked over by VAR next season. Our goals are rarer than hens teeth as it is. It'll be awesome to have one chalked off because Solly gave their leftback a filthy look. You can guarantee the big teams will regularly be getting off the hook even more than they already do.

GOOOAAAALLLLL!!!

VAR: "Hang on, hang on....was that a little tug there by Stephens on Henderson in the buildup ?"
      REF: "Ummm...didn't see anything. But if there was, we'd better give it. Jurgen went BOOLOO last week about that pen, he's not stopped going on about it"
      VAR: "Right-o. Put it up on the big screen ?"
      REF: "Best not mate. Let Gary and the boys pick the bones out of it later"

PEEEEEP *square fingers* - "No goal. Free kick Liverpool. Get out of my face now Anthony, or you're booked son"
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I wonder how many times we're going to get fvcked over by VAR next season. Our goals are rarer than hens teeth as it is. It'll be awesome to have one chalked off because Solly gave their leftback a filthy look. You can guarantee the big teams will regularly be getting off the hook even more than they already do.

GOOOAAAALLLLL!!!

VAR: "Hang on, hang on....was that a little tug there by Stephens on Henderson in the buildup ?"
      REF: "Ummm...didn't see anything. But if there was, we'd better give it. Jurgen went BOOLOO last week about that pen, he's not stopped going on about it"
      VAR: "Right-o. Put it up on the big screen ?"
      REF: "Best not mate. Let Gary and the boys pick the bones out of it later"

PEEEEEP *square fingers* - "No goal. Free kick Liverpool. Get out of my face now Anthony, or you're booked son"
      This

0 Not allowed!
      Of all the VAR fvck-ups, I think this is my current favourite

https://www.theguardian.com/football...burg-var-chaos

Bundesliga game last year, the ref denied a handball penalty appeal right on half time. Then 6 minutes INTO half time, following a VAR review, the ref decides to award the penalty after all. The players are summonsed from the dressing rooms and come back out, the penalty is taken and scored, then all the players trooped right back off again for the rest of the half time break.

Glorious, but for all the wrong reasons.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      I agree with the opening poster. I've said it all along, VAR will ruin football. It's like a dripping tap effect, before we know it the whole game will be changed.
      Maybe the rot could be stopped earlydoors by switching to a tennis-style arrangement. Take the call away from the match officials and give the managers up to three VAR calls each per game. Job done
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      No consistency in var. Not even within the same game, never mind, division, league and country level. We find ourselved watching clips stopped and started in slow motion from different angles the Nth officials have, trying to establish if its a clear and obvious referee mistake. Clue. It normally isnt if you need to watch it umpteen times. Annoying
      Exactly. Because itís run by refs
      Across the Premier League there are probably two decent refs. The rest are either subject to stupid mistakes, or mistake ridden.
      The difference is now that they will have more opportunity to make the wrong call.

Iím seriously considering my live support for the Albion after next year.

Reasons

1. VAR
      2. Cost
      3. Club dictaks getting worse
      4. The way Hughton was sacked

UTA
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I see the Premier League have said that VAR will not be used next season during a penalty to check whether a goalkeeper is an inch off his line. This will be up to the referee to decide. Can't wait for the first manager to moan when a penalty is "illegally" saved and not spotted by the officials that "VAR isn't being used when the technology is there, and this decision could cost this club a squillion pounds etc".