Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wan Bissaka to Man Utd - £55m transfer fee agreed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Utd have refused to waiver the 25% they own on Mr Tumble.
Perhaps 'why meeeee' will be staying with them up the road, after all.

[tweet]1143830487577833472[/tweet]

If Man U could've got £10m knocked off the fee for Obi-Wan Bissaka by ditching the 25% sell-on clause then it would've been well worth it IMO. Palace have priced him out of a move. He's never been overly productive on the goals/assists front, he'll be 27 this year, and once his pace goes he'll have nothing. If nobody will touch him with a shitty stick for a big move at this stage of his career, then once he hits 30, if there's a fee involved he'll have nowhere to go except maybe China.

He's contracted there till 2023 when he'll be pushing 31. He'll likely just run his contract down as nobody wants to buy him, and Utd will end up with stuff-all from that sell-on when he moves on a bosman.

The guardian are reporting it as £45m with add ons that could bring it to 50m - though earlier in the week, reports were palace didn't like the add ons because they're unlikely (eg Man Utd winning the champions league). Reading the Guardian version it sounds like Palace had to settle for less than they wanted upfront, had to settle for add ons they didn't want, and didn't get the Zaha sell on clause removed. You have to wonder, other than their tactic of slapping ridiculous price tags on players, are they any good at negotiating?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...saka-crystal-palace-transfer-window-footballl
https://www.football365.com/news/palace-bewildered-by-man-utds-add-ons-in-wan-bissaka-deal

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The guardian are reporting it as £45m with add ons that could bring it to 50m - though earlier in the week, reports were palace didn't like the add ons because they're unlikely (eg Man Utd winning the champions league). Reading the Guardian version it sounds like Palace had to settle for less than they wanted upfront, had to settle for add ons they didn't want, and didn't get the Zaha sell on clause removed. You have to wonder, other than their tactic of slapping ridiculous price tags on players, are they any good at negotiating?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...saka-crystal-palace-transfer-window-footballl
https://www.football365.com/news/palace-bewildered-by-man-utds-add-ons-in-wan-bissaka-deal
Just because you post links it doesn't make it true. Well that's their way of thinking anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I get very concerned that there are franchise fans discussing me, someone who writes words on a screen (usually facts). They’re that sad they are trying to guess my sex :lol: They clearly struggle with the humour / irony in my posts. Doogle - if any of your lot want any info just ask - first stalking my alleged twitter account and now this.... didn’t [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] tell you once what I looked like? :thumbsup:

I’m also struggling with his new town comment & how that is even true or does he not realise CP2010FC is their 3rd club through cheating ? :lol: It’s called fact petal.

Having travelled on the train with you and your Dad, to the Millenium stadium in 2004, saw you loads of times at Withdean, I can vouch for the fact that you're a bloke.

Different town from Hove to Brighton, meaning they're thick when they don't read our full name. Yes, we have a car park in Lewes district but our stadium is wholly within Brighton's boundaries.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
See what I mean.

I don't drink and I'm back home now. Thanks for being interested in my life tho. Goes to show I get to you as well. Go cry to the away end on the BBS, there's a good boy. [emoji8]

I'm going to Turkey tomorrow :O

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No matter which way it's sliced this does seem to prove palace have nothing to negotiate with.

The bottom line Barber-out has with Mr Bloom's backing is the ultimate 'f**k you' card.

Guarantee palace need the money more than losing the 25% and Utd knew that.

If Barber-out was in that position I'd like to think he'd be able to come it the deal knowing Utd wanted the player enough to take the % hit, for fear of the Albion walking away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you really ruffle their feathers and can't handle it that's why they target you.

They know what you say is true so they stick their fingers in their ears and sing la la la and tell you for a FACT that black is white and night is day.

Oh gawd, don't mention black and white. The sneering goonsquad guttersnipes are very, VERY quick to play the racist card at every possible opportunity. I'm a fully paid up member of the KKK, apparently.

I think it lets them feel all 'superior'. :rolleyes:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see even the BBC is reporting that HaHa has had enough of Palace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48770846

Arsenal are his new love and whilst Palace don’t want to sell their one-man-team and pay Utd their dividend, I think a man of his character will go on strike if he does not get his move.

Should be very entertaining watching the Croydon sales play out!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see even the BBC is reporting that HaHa has had enough of Palace.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48770846

Arsenal are his new love and whilst Palace don’t want to sell their one-man-team and pay Utd their dividend, I think a man of his character will go on strike if he does not get his move.

Should be very entertaining watching the Croydon sales play out!

This is all perfectly standard fayre. Zaha flutters his eyes at a potential suitor every summer, everyone shits themselves at the one man team moving on, there's a GOONSQUAD meltdown, so the spivs in the boardroom chuck him another ten grand a week to stay. Its textbook.

Quite literally - RINSE and repeat. He's not going anywhere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is Winnifred tumble really worth the £10mil clubs are willing to pay for him though? He couldn’t even get in the Ivory Coast team this week. I’ve heard the IC manager has said he’s not in the right frame of mind as wants to join Arsenal and also that he’s worried IC will be labelled cheats as CP2010FC are widely known as worldwide due to Winnie’s diving...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is all perfectly standard fayre. Zaha flutters his eyes at a potential suitor every summer, everyone shits themselves at the one man team moving on, there's a GOONSQUAD meltdown, so the spivs in the boardroom chuck him another ten grand a week to stay. Its textbook.

Quite literally - RINSE and repeat. He's not going anywhere.

He's a year older and Wan-Bissaka's gone, if Arsenal had the cash I think he'd join them but they can't afford £40 mill let alone £80 mill. He needs that move but Palace's greed and that 25% Man Utd sell on clause mean he's unlikely to be joining another Prem side.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’ll bet Prince Charming is buying Wilf another matt black Bentley and some more ludicrous platform trainers to stop the poor **** begging outside the Arsenal exec offices as we speak.

Goodbye obi wan. Goodbye.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Only one thing for it now my Palace chums...qualify for the Champions league or Dwayne is OFF!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No offence to anyone that has been a full back, but he's only a full back for fukk sake. The cockwombles will be able to replace him for no more than 25% of the cash coming from ManUre. A lottery win, if you will, for them.

Dibley can want to play for the club he loves as opposed to the club he pretends he loves as much as he wants but no fukken way are the Arse going to pay silly money for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In one of the Bissaka threads, they really hate ManU. Sample:

59A49C8F-4D67-431A-8445-733E79DC809C.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here