Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wan Bissaka to Man Utd - £55m transfer fee agreed.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well the latest PL rights deal was sold for less than the previous round wasn’t it? Perhaps we’re already at peak

It’ll spike massive when Amazon, Google & Apple start fighting it out.

Amazon testing the waters already. Will be a whole new ballgame if companies start bidding for the worldwide exclusive rights.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well the latest PL rights deal was sold for less than the previous round wasn’t it? Perhaps we’re already at peak
Pretty sure this why TB isn't willing to go down the "f*ck it the gravy train will keep rolling" route that some of our fans are keen to follow.

With Amazon etc entering the market as well, it's interesting times for sure.

The PL has become more and more reliant on overseas rights. Which is understandable when I pay about 50% less in real terms for a better service from Sky than I got 15 years ago.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Certainly goes a long way to plug a 40 million loss. That money will be largely swallowed up by the Americans

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Amazon testing the waters already. Will be a whole new ballgame if companies start bidding for the worldwide exclusive rights.
True. But which way that goes is anyone's guess!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I'm not certain that they'll go nuts on it. The investment will have to be backed by a plan to get a return on the money. The behaviour from Sky and BT looks like they've reached the limit of what they think is going to give them a return. If it keeps rising, it will reach parity with the income they think they get from it, at which point the only thing left is risk that their plans won't execute in line.

Surely Amazon have more sense than thinking a multi billion investment in PL rights will result in loads of people subscribing for Amazon Prime! Maybe it's a new offer, like the music and books one. Amazon Prime Soccerball+

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was on beeb and thought it odd there was nothing on this ‘agreed fee’ there. A quick google suggests it’s one newspaper ‘daily record’ saying it. Can we source things on NSC rather than passing them off as fact pleeeeease? Not saying it ain’t happening but rather wait for official stuff than fake news personally :shrug: sorry just my opinion...

Fee probably more like £20mil then :lol:

On a side note, assuming this happens, it will definitely bruise the cheating divers ego and he’ll hate a fellow franchiser moving to a big club like Calvin Andrew did. So I’d imagine he’ll be off or get another ridiculous pay rise...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I’ve been reliably informed it’s £55 m + add ons . I’ve also been told it’s going to be a exciting summer so stayed tuned in .
Also just heard Juventus are interested so we could have a bidding war with the price soaring .

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Meh :shrug:

Maybe a fairly nondescript player DID cost nearly as much as a recently-built state-of-the-art football stadium 20 years ago. If so, I've clearly forgot.

Said it before, say it again: at what point do you say enough's enough? Billion pound transfer? Billion pound sign-on fee? Billion pound weekly pay packet? At some point some kind of ceiling WILL kick in. Winter is coming.

It's a market place so if the clubs have the money they can spend how they chose. The problem is where clubs don't have the money and still carry on spending! The only alternative would be that players values are all decided by independent panel

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’ve been reliably informed it’s £55 m + add ons . I’ve also been told it’s going to be a exciting summer so stayed tuned in .
Well, seeing as you've got absolutely nothing right ever it's really about time you were right, although I would guess that NOBODY will be holding their breath on that one.

How's the new stand going? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dougie, the stopped cock that is still never right, not even twice a day....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, seeing as you've got absolutely nothing right ever it's really about time you were right, although I would guess that NOBODY will be holding their breath on that one.

How's the new stand going? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dougie, the stopped cock that is still never right, not even twice a day....

They started work on it at the end of 2018.
Then they started work this close season.
Now they might be starting work at the end of 2019.

Thank God that money is ringfenced.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The 100 plus poster a day has spoken
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Certainly goes a long way to plug a 40 million loss. That money will be largely swallowed up by the Americans

They will get more than enough when they go . All the money will go this summer on some exciting players.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'm not certain that they'll go nuts on it. The investment will have to be backed by a plan to get a return on the money. The behaviour from Sky and BT looks like they've reached the limit of what they think is going to give them a return. If it keeps rising, it will reach parity with the income they think they get from it, at which point the only thing left is risk that their plans won't execute in line.

Surely Amazon have more sense than thinking a multi billion investment in PL rights will result in loads of people subscribing for Amazon Prime! Maybe it's a new offer, like the music and books one. Amazon Prime Soccerball+

Amazon already have a deal to show two full sets of matchday fixtures per season for the next 3 seasons, starting this year. So they’ve got 20 games a season already. I can’t see them paying for 20 games if they don’t intend to get fully in to this. They’re clearly testing the waters, and the fact they’re showing the entire set of fixtures for 2 rounds of games and are giving them free to Amazon prime customers shows massive ambition, imo.

The big difference/advantage Amazon have is they could; in theory monopolise the world when it comes to PL football. They have a global reach that Sky could only dream of. If these trials go well then there’s nothing to stop them hoovering up rights for smaller markets and building an empire as they become available.

As you say, if they rolled out Amazon prime Plus+A* for a bigger fee than their regular prime then they could make a killing there. £30 a month for Amazon Prime, all the bonuses that come with it including music etc and live football would tempt a lot of people away from a Sky package with more channels but a higher price.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice to learn that according to the England U23 Manager, WanBiss has already changed his allegiances. Didn’t need a lot of convincing!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-head-turned-aidy-boothroyd-england-under-21

In other news, it’s clear that Man Utd will be taking the Lion’s share this Summer’s Zaha transfer even though Palace are trying to get it removed.

“Palace also want United to remove the sell-on clause that was part of the deal that took Wilfried Zaha back to Palace in January 2015.”

I can imagine that the money they spend on WanBiss will be replaced by their Zaha windfall.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
They will get more than enough when they go . All the money will go this summer on some exciting players.

LOL,How the **** did you work that out?
the colonials want out and when they go they’ll take as much out as possible. Anyway isn’t it going to the cost of your new stand because I take it that 100m ring fenced by the colonials will go with them when they sell out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Also just heard Juventus are interested so we could have a bidding war with the price soaring .
Would that be Woosie on the BBS by any chance?

Exciting summer like the last two seasons?

You're club is skint according to your accounts and still owe Liverpool for Ben10 and mama?
You don't have money to spend hence selling AWB and possibly Haha. You still don't have the money for the new stand. What about the investment for your "great academy" and the land you've secured and the money you owe Liverpool?

I think your head in firmly in the sand TRS.

EDIT: Stop acting like you're ITK, I've just read the article with the Juve link and it says that that won't go above and beyond for him so you won't have a bidding war.

Stop being a soppy Bollox and admit you are in a financial hardship. Once you admit it, it will feel better.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Meh :shrug:

Maybe a fairly nondescript player DID cost nearly as much as a recently-built state-of-the-art football stadium 20 years ago. If so, I've clearly forgot.

Said it before, say it again: at what point do you say enough's enough? Billion pound transfer? Billion pound sign-on fee? Billion pound weekly pay packet? At some point some kind of ceiling WILL kick in. Winter is coming.

eh?

the market will decide

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hold on, aren’t you the same MELT who boasted about being itk about Loftus Cheek rejoining you last summer then hoped nobody would remember? Also a made up one sided view of when BHA did your lot in that pub? Nah you’re ok mush, we’ll call it £10mil plus add ons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nice to learn that according to the England U23 Manager, WanBiss has already changed his allegiances. Didn’t need a lot of convincing!

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-head-turned-aidy-boothroyd-england-under-21

In other news, it’s clear that Man Utd will be taking the Lion’s share this Summer’s Zaha transfer even though Palace are trying to get it removed.

“Palace also want United to remove the sell-on clause that was part of the deal that took Wilfried Zaha back to Palace in January 2015.”

I can imagine that the money they spend on WanBiss will be replaced by their Zaha windfall.

That can’t be true about the Zahahahaha diver thing as [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] has just told us Winifred is staying - and he has great sources (also known as reading the bbs of CP2010FC)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here