Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 200
  1. #41
    Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eastbourne
    Posts
    6,544


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They lost £30m last season so surely this transfer goes to balancing the books?
    You know full well that's not how they do things.

    They'll spunk it on dross, build up mounting debts and then diddle their creditors. That's "the Crystal Palace way".
    "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Members Gritt23's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Meopham, Kent.
      Posts
      14,908


      7 Not allowed!
      I literally have no understanding of a players value anymore.

      I'm gone, I'm lost, I can't even speculate on transfers anymore. I'll rock up next season and who we have and how much we paid is just what it is. I can't get my head around it anymore.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."
    • #43
      Members Dougie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      5,167


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Itís all very well slagging off Palace and mocking where the money is going but they have produced youth team players who have developed and are now worth a lot of money.

      Where are ours?

      Wan- Bissaka and Zaha are ex Palace youth who are worth more than our entire squad put together.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well said . A sad day for me but top players will be sought by the big clubs and the money on offer canít be turned down , itís insane. Now we have our academy site secured I hope some of it will be invested into our great academy to produce the next Arron and Wilf . The only bit of grace with losing Arron is that Wilf will stay now and imo heís irreplaceable.
      West stand upper conductor of songs
      Sheebo
      Feb 2018
    • #44
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      53,049


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like it or not, we currently exist in the rarified football stratosphere where Harry Firkin Maguire is apparently worth 90 million quid. Big ask for TB to step up to that level of fantasy football spending with his personal real money. Horrible cycle to get caught up in. At what point do you say enough's enough?
      I think you're being a bit of a ploppyhead grandstanding to the fans like that.

      But at least you're not being as stupid as the 'buy first team players' nimrods.


      The club are not, never have been, and won't for a long time be in competition with Utd for buying players.

      The reason the club has bought property in South America and Africa is because the club is competing with X others clubs in supplying the likes of Manchester Utd with their next 50 - 75 - 100 million pound transfer.
      ďMelancholy is incompatible with bicycling.Ē James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #45
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      54,587


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well said . A sad day for me but top players will be sought by the big clubs and the money on offer can’t be turned down , it’s insane. Now we have our academy site secured I hope some of it will be invested into our great academy to produce the next Arron and Wilf . The only bit of grace with losing Arron is that Wilf will stay now and imo he’s irreplaceable.
      Surely the 'grace' is that the kid is (as of NOW) bang average, and United are paying you an absolute fortune for a player you won't even miss?

      Massive WIN for Palace, imo.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #46
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      11,790


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Turi View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Palace have mugged off Man Utd. He was absolutely shocking in the under 21ís game last night and was poor in both matches against us. He has good tackling stats for the season but a lot of that is down to him being constantly caught out of position.
      Disagree, he is a good player. Not worth that sort of money of course, but then who is?
    • #47
      ID10T Error dadams2k11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      3,284


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well said . A sad day for me but top players will be sought by the big clubs and the money on offer canít be turned down , itís insane. Now we have our academy site secured I hope some of it will be invested into our great academy to produce the next Arron and Wilf . The only bit of grace with losing Arron is that Wilf will stay now and imo heís irreplaceable.
      So we have had our academy for 4/5 years now and not producing top players but you got some land and once you've built the academy you will start producing talent?

      Who is the next up and coming talent already in your "great academy"?
    • #48
      Members fosters headband's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      5,068


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      £50m - That's half a stand.
      Will the American owners use this to pay of their debts and split the balance between them. They purchased the club to make a profit and at present that has failed, that is why they are selling surely?
    • #49
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Coldean
      Posts
      6,098


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So we have had our academy for 4/5 years now and not producing top players but you got some land and once you've built the academy you will start producing talent?

      Who is the next up and coming talent already in your "great academy"?
      The problem they have is that until they have a level 1 academy, their best products will get picked off for peanuts before they get anywhere near the first team.
    • #50
      ID10T Error dadams2k11's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      3,284


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The problem they have is that until they have a level 1 academy, their best products will get picked off for peanuts before they get anywhere near the first team.
      This is what I was alluding too. Is there anyone we can cherry pick

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •