Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] LEGOLAND Windsor - worth going?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It is my son's 8th birthday on Friday and he wants to go to LEGOLAND on Saturday. This is fine, but I have just been reading the latest reviews on TripAdvisor :ohmy:

The main gripes seem to be the large number of closed rides, resulting in very long waits for the limited number of attractions available plus appalling Customer Service (standard for most places in the UK, obvs).

Has anyone on here been lately? And if so, would you recommend or is this place best avoided?

Thanks.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is my son's 8th birthday on Friday and he wants to go to LEGOLAND on Saturday. This is fine, but I have just been reading the latest reviews on TripAdvisor :ohmy:

The main gripe seems to be the large number of closed rides, resulting in very long waits for the limited number of attractions available. Has anyone on here been lately? And if so, would you recommend or is this place best avoided?

Thanks.

With respect, I think you've answered your question.
Not exactly big profile, but these aren't too bad....

http://www.coam.org.uk/

https://www.bekonscot.co.uk/

:thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, it was shite when I took my kids when they were about your son’s age. Mind you, that was about 20 years ago - I’m sure, like Selhurst, it’ll have improved massively since then.

On a serious note - if he wants to go, go...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I must have gone 5 years ago. The kids loved it, me less so.

My only advice is, if you do go, buy the q jump thing. It's a rip off, overpriced and capitalism at its worst but by god its worth it to jump the queues.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All adults moan about it. All kids love it. That’s about the sum of it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Worth it, but on a run of the mill Saturday, we spent an hour in each ride queue, only doing about 5 or 6 ten minute rides in a whole day.

To beat that:
1. Go a wet day, or
2. You can pay them a lot extra to queue jump (the equivalent of the Universal Studios Fast Pass).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend gave me a huge pile of Lego, I didn’t know what to make of it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm not a fan too much time spent in queues everytime I've been.

Paultons Park much better value in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A friend gave me a huge pile of Lego, I didn’t know what to make of it.

I’ll raise you one...

Mrs P’s left me. Said all I do is go on about football. Gutted because we’ve been together for 19 seasons.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Save it for an inset day if you can.

We had a decent enough time when we went a year or two back. We didn't buy the queue-jumper thing, but get there at opening (maybe stay at a cheapie local Premier Inn the night before) and get there for opening and do the big ticket attractions first of all and then relax with some of the quieter things after.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here