Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next Prime minister.........Labour scenario

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
If Corbyn got elected surely we should refuse to accept the result? Apparently a no deal Brexit must be stopped as it's certain to wreck the economy etc. On that basis a democratic vote to elect Corbyn must also be ignored.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rory Stewart would make a good Labour leader. He is effectively Tony Blair but pretending to be a Tory, whereas Blair pretended to be Labour. Both occupy the same ground though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rory Stewart would make a good Labour leader. He is effectively Tony Blair but pretending to be a Tory, whereas Blair pretended to be Labour. Both occupy the same ground though.

He should have joined them. Total centrist. Would have filled the vacuum.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jess Phillips

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Jeremy Corbyn has just informed The house of commons his intention to step down as Prime minister. The search for his predecessor has started. BBC 1 has a program not unlike the shambles we witnessed recently with the five most likely candidates for the next Prime minister. Who in your opinion in the Labour Party has the ability to run the country and is seen as an up and coming political light.
Now I expect the obvious replies ranging from...

It will never happen

God help us
No one
Diane Abbott
But are their any credible opposition Labour politicians who you regard are good statesman like leaders in waiting, after all they can't be as bad as that shower we witnessed the other night can THEY?

I give you Keir Starmer for one .

I give you .... Corbyns "predecessor" was Ed Milliband although Harriet Harman was acting Labour leader after his resignation after 2015 election defeat !!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Benn, Starmer and Lammy would all make good leaders in their own particular way. I also like Tom Watson.

Of the women, Thornberry and Cooper have ability, Angela Rayner, Creasy, Nandy decent but I can't stand Long-Bailey.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
IMO Diane Abbot would make a great leader of the Labour party .

...if you dont want them in power. same for Thornberry, most patronising politican. cant believe anyone would suggest Chuka Umanna, choked and could even make a go at TIG or whatever. theres far better politicans than these.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The key thing is the large group of sway voters and they always vote for the most stable and trustworthy leader of either the Labour Party or Conservative Party. David Lammy is a great politician but I'm not sure he will convince the public that he is capable of leading as Prime Minister.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That must have been in one of those moist dreams you have mate!

Believe it or not I am not a great JC admirer. If Labour had a leader who could charm the British press, imaginative policies of the centre left and a statesmanlike persona I think the Tories time in power would come to an end. JC is not that man and the opposition needs to have in place a credible alternative to the absolute shower of .........well you know where I am going here. In my opinion the only electable Labour alternative to a Prime minister not put in power by the electorate (Boris Johnson, Michael Gove for heaven's sake) would be Kier Starmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here