Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next Prime minister.........Labour scenario

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Jeremy Corbyn has just informed The house of commons his intention to step down as Prime minister. The search for his predecessor has started. BBC 1 has a program not unlike the shambles we witnessed recently with the five most likely candidates for the next Prime minister. Who in your opinion in the Labour Party has the ability to run the country and is seen as an up and coming political light.
Now I expect the obvious replies ranging from...

It will never happen

God help us

No one

Diane Abbott

But are their any credible opposition Labour politicians who you regard are good statesman like leaders in waiting, after all they can't be as bad as that shower we witnessed the other night can THEY?

I give you Keir Starmer for one .

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Starmer is obvious, I think Emily Thornberry isn't too bad

Hilary Benn, Stella Creasy, David Lammy and Yvette Cooper are all good backbenchers

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given the person would most likely come from the cabinet I thought I'd look up the Shadow Cabinet. OMG ..... hardly a political name amoung them. None with governmental experience. So I'll go for Starmer who at least comes across well.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Andy Burnham might step down as Mayor of Manchester to run for PM, if that's possible? I don't know what the contract status is for Mayor etc.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Given the person would most likely come from the cabinet I thought I'd look up the Shadow Cabinet. OMG ..... hardly a political name amoung them. None with governmental experience. So I'll go for Starmer who at least comes across well.

This was my way of thinking, it just shows what an bunch of incompetent politicians we have on both sides of the house. We're doomed I tell 'e

I like Starmer though, intelligent, from a Labour background and comes across very well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

That's becuase none of the decent Labour MPs were prepared to serve in a Corbyn cabinet.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Jeremy Corbyn has just informed The house of commons his intention to step down as Prime minister. The search for his predecessor has started. BBC 1 has a program not unlike the shambles we witnessed recently with the five most likely candidates for the next Prime minister. Who in your opinion in the Labour Party has the ability to run the country and is seen as an up and coming political light.
Now I expect the obvious replies ranging from...

It will never happen

God help us

No one

Diane Abbott

But are their any credible opposition Labour politicians who you regard are good statesman like leaders in waiting, after all they can't be as bad as that shower we witnessed the other night can THEY?

I give you Keir Starmer for one .

I assume you mean successor?

Angela Rayner?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Andy Burnham might step down as Mayor of Manchester to run for PM, if that's possible? I don't know what the contract status is for Mayor etc.
Is that the Andy Burnham who wiped away the Southern Rail incompetence as a new phenomenon and nothing compared to the rail failings they had for 5 minutes in the mighty Northern Powerhouse of Manchester?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've a bit more time for Tom Watson now, he seemed like a more extreme version of Corbyn at the start, but seems to have softened his position more recently.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is that the Andy Burnham who wiped away the Southern Rail incompetence as a new phenomenon and nothing compared to the rail failings they had for 5 minutes in the mighty Northern Powerhouse of Manchester?

I don't think you'll find that the Mayor of Manchester is responsible for Northern Rail in any way, shape or form.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Wow another Corbyn and Labour bashing thread

Yowie wowie just what we need

No no no Ernie, I have never bashed Jezza and not likely to bash Labour, i am just trying to imagine any Labour politicians who could rise to be a credible leader of our Country. I don't think Jezza does fit the bill purely because of his unpopularity with the press, conservative party and even members of his own party. But I did say in the opening post, if Jezza stood down as Prime minister!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here