Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next Prime minister.........Labour scenario

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Kier Starmer has always struck me as being the type of person that if they shook hands you would want to wash shortly after.Really creepy.Shabana Mahmood might change my vote,as would Jack Dromey if he was younger.

D

Deleted member 2719

Believe it or not I am not a great JC admirer. If Labour had a leader who could charm the British press, imaginative policies of the centre left and a statesmanlike persona I think the Tories time in power would come to an end. JC is not that man and the opposition needs to have in place a credible alternative to the absolute shower of .........well you know where I am going here. In my opinion the only electable Labour alternative to a Prime minister not put in power by the electorate (Boris Johnson, Michael Gove for heaven's sake) would be Kier Starmer.

Never heard of him is he a snowflake, serious question?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sod it I'll just leave this here:-

[tweet]1141329498270523393[/tweet]

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
The press wont be happy with anyone who espouses left of center policies however much charisma they have. You like Kier Starmer because he is a Blarite

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sod it I'll just leave this here:-

[tweet]1141329498270523393[/tweet]

He will end up in court if he's not careful.Just like that other SNP clown,Alyn Smith, who made allegations about Brexit Party funding.Losing his wages for the year in costs and charity donations might teach him a lesson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will end up in court if he's not careful.Just like that other SNP clown,Alyn Smith, who made allegations about Brexit Party funding.Losing his wages for the year in costs and charity donations might teach him a lesson.

Do you think Johnson should take him to court over this? :lol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The press wont be happy with anyone who espouses left of center policies however much charisma they have. You like Kier Starmer because he is a Blarite

Whatever your opinion on Blair you cannot deny he helped drag The Labour party from the depths of despair to an electable governing party and he served government through more than one election something the incoming unelected Conservative canditate has yet to achieve for country or party. Jeremy Corbyn has also yet to achieve this and in my opinion Starmer has the credibility to do so :angel:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you think Johnson should take him to court over this? :lol:

I would imagine Parliamentary Privilege would proclude that.If he was brave or stupid enough to repeat it in public,then yes.I know the left have been shrieking racist since fascist became too difficult to spell for most of them,but we do have the rule of law to cover excessive and untrue usage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No no no Ernie, I have never bashed Jezza and not likely to bash Labour, i am just trying to imagine any Labour politicians who could rise to be a credible leader of our Country. I don't think Jezza does fit the bill purely because of his unpopularity with the press, conservative party and even members of his own party. But I did say in the opening post, if Jezza stood down as Prime minister!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Don't feed the troll :shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is that the Andy Burnham who wiped away the Southern Rail incompetence as a new phenomenon and nothing compared to the rail failings they had for 5 minutes in the mighty Northern Powerhouse of Manchester?

I don't think you'll find that the Mayor of Manchester is responsible for Northern Rail in any way, shape or form.

You do realise I based my my post on his interventions in Northern Rail disruptions over the last 12 months including writing to Theresa May. I didn't just make it up:facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

As a professed expert on UK democracy, I'm surprised you aren't aware that an MP is immune from defamation for utterances within the chamber.

Perhaps you should have asked the other professor,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here