Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Laptop / Projector / Remote Control

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
That's from my experience, speakers

1) often want to use Powerpoint in Presenter mode, which means the laptop location has to be thought out
2) want to use their own laptop which might be a different resolution and might not be hdmi (adaptor needed)

I'm afraid you're missing the point of this thread. They can ALREADY use PowerPoint if they want to, either on their own laptops, or on the group laptop (as long as they supply the .ppt file on a flash drive). The existing remote control works fine for PowerPoint, so that is a non-issue. As a backup, I have my own laptop with HDMI connector and HD screen and LibreOffice Impress, so that is also a non-issue.

The ONLY question I'm asking is how to advance through individual image files, as the existing remote control doesn't work for that, on any laptop. However, [MENTION=3747]binky[/MENTION] has already suggested a probable solution in post #4.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm afraid you're missing the point of this thread. They can ALREADY use PowerPoint if they want to, either on their own laptops, or on the group laptop (as long as they supply the .ppt file on a flash drive). The existing remote control works fine for PowerPoint, so that is a non-issue. As a backup, I have my own laptop with HDMI connector and HD screen and LibreOffice Impress, so that is also a non-issue.

The ONLY question I'm asking is how to advance through individual image files, as the existing remote control doesn't work for that, on any laptop. However, [MENTION=3747]binky[/MENTION] has already suggested a probable solution in post #4.
Have you tried open office? Its like powerpoint but free :ffsparr:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Then you are in luck, as most "cheap" USB Infrared remote controls work by emulating keyboard inputs.
Something like this will do the job for you for around a fiver.

In fact, if you need it soon, I have one right here, (in Hove) , in front of me which I no longer need.
You can have it if you want it.

Update: bought this remote, tested it fine on my laptop, and took it to the session on Thursday.

Presentation went perfectly - the guy turned up with his own projector and Kodak slides. Transparencies. Good, old fashioned technology! :facepalm:

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Update: bought this remote, tested it fine on my laptop, and took it to the session on Thursday.

Presentation went perfectly - the guy turned up with his own projector and Kodak slides. Transparencies. Good, old fashioned technology! :facepalm:

We’ll I’m glad to hear that you have a solution that will work if you need it in future :)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Splendid !
We were nearly back to basics - print out the photos [on photp paper / @ Boots] and share them round the group, just like we did in the olden days ...
BG will know

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
We’ll I’m glad to hear that you have a solution that will work if you need it in future :)

Splendid !
We were nearly back to basics - print out the photos [on photp paper / @ Boots] and share them round the group, just like we did in the olden days ...
BG will know

It wasn't all plain sailing, though - the battery conked out in the wireless microphone.

Can anybody recommend a good megaphone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here