Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's from my experience, speakers

1) often want to use Powerpoint in Presenter mode, which means the laptop location has to be thought out
    2) want to use their own laptop which might be a different resolution and might not be hdmi (adaptor needed)
    I'm afraid you're missing the point of this thread. They can ALREADY use PowerPoint if they want to, either on their own laptops, or on the group laptop (as long as they supply the .ppt file on a flash drive). The existing remote control works fine for PowerPoint, so that is a non-issue. As a backup, I have my own laptop with HDMI connector and HD screen and LibreOffice Impress, so that is also a non-issue.

The ONLY question I'm asking is how to advance through individual image files, as the existing remote control doesn't work for that, on any laptop. However, @binky has already suggested a probable solution in post #4.
    Was that the intro? I should have been in!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Oxy McFloppie-Tish View Post
      I'm afraid you're missing the point of this thread. They can ALREADY use PowerPoint if they want to, either on their own laptops, or on the group laptop (as long as they supply the .ppt file on a flash drive). The existing remote control works fine for PowerPoint, so that is a non-issue. As a backup, I have my own laptop with HDMI connector and HD screen and LibreOffice Impress, so that is also a non-issue.

The ONLY question I'm asking is how to advance through individual image files, as the existing remote control doesn't work for that, on any laptop. However, @binky has already suggested a probable solution in post #4.
      Have you tried open office? Its like powerpoint but free

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Have you tried open office? Its like powerpoint but free
      Oi, don't you start

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
      Then you are in luck, as most "cheap" USB Infrared remote controls work by emulating keyboard inputs.
      Something like this will do the job for you for around a fiver.

In fact, if you need it soon, I have one right here, (in Hove) , in front of me which I no longer need.
      You can have it if you want it.
      Update: bought this remote, tested it fine on my laptop, and took it to the session on Thursday.

Presentation went perfectly - the guy turned up with his own projector and Kodak slides. Transparencies. Good, old fashioned technology!

1 Not allowed!
      Update: bought this remote, tested it fine on my laptop, and took it to the session on Thursday.

Presentation went perfectly - the guy turned up with his own projector and Kodak slides. Transparencies. Good, old fashioned technology!
      We’ll I’m glad to hear that you have a solution that will work if you need it in future
      Members

1 Not allowed!

Splendid !
      We were nearly back to basics - print out the photos [on photp paper / @ Boots] and share them round the group, just like we did in the olden days ...
      BG will know

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rbridd View Post
      We’ll I’m glad to hear that you have a solution that will work if you need it in future
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      Splendid !
      We were nearly back to basics - print out the photos [on photp paper / @ Boots] and share them round the group, just like we did in the olden days ...
      BG will know
      It wasn't all plain sailing, though - the battery conked out in the wireless microphone.

Can anybody recommend a good megaphone?