Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 250
  1. #21
    Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    24,347


    3 Not allowed!
    Cyclist clearly did the unexpected in cycling through a green light.

    If they had waited for the red light before proceding then the pedestrian would have been expecting them.
    Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,348


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by golddene View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Time our cyclists were compelled to take out insurance against such eventualalities now, especially following this verdict, whereby road users are responsible for others actions regardless of who is deemed at fault. A major lesson to be learnt here.
      Why quote the whole thing when we would have read it at the beginning of the thread and got the story.
      I never understand doing this, live and let lunch I suppose.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
    • #23
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,348


      1 Not allowed!
      Cyclists, bloody carbuncle for other road users, but in this case I am on his side.
      She probably turned up in court in tight snug fitting 'yoga' pants, reading financial reports with a heavily made up face, looking over horn rimmed glasses.............would work for me..
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      7,030


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by golddene View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      YOUR responsibility if YOU are "turning in" the Highway Code does state that pedestrians should be given right of way by motorists if crossing junctions whilst the motorist is making left or right turns at road junctions, a rule that a lot of drivers tend to ignore and I say this as a driver who gets quite pi**ed off with other drivers when I am crossing at junctions as a pedestrian.
      On both occasions I had already started my turn, that leaves me hanging with half my car in the main road because I have to stop. Pedestrians need to stop and pay attention when crossing.
    • #25
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      1,280


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why quote the whole thing when we would have read it at the beginning of the thread and got the story.
      I never understand doing this, live and let lunch I suppose.
      Sorry laziness is the reason, I normally go to the massive effort of scrolling down to read responses to others quotes, realise now how arduous this can be and have duelly noted this for future reference. I apologise profusely.
    • #26
      Members Worried Man Blues's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      NANTGAREDIG
      Posts
      2,843


      1 Not allowed!
      Should be illegal looking at phone and walking at the same time, totally irresponsible....
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||
    • #27
      Members Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      9,507


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightn'ove View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is prohibitively expensive for something that is in actuality very low risk - Some could afford it for sure, but considering children are allowed to cycle on the road and it's a very important mode of transport for those on lower incomes, forcing cyclists to be insured would be a net bad for society.
      So what happens (as did to a mate of mine) a cyclist at speed and not colliding with anything smacks into the side of a stationary car causing circa £650 (T Reeve) of damage and doesn’t feel compelled to pay for the damage?
    • #28
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      1,280


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On both occasions I had already started my turn, that leaves me hanging with half my car in the main road because I have to stop. Pedestrians need to stop and pay attention when crossing.
      I understand your argument but I tend to watch out for pedestrians crossing at junctions and invariably give them priority even if it holds me up or indeed others following me in traffic are held up for the few seconds it takes for people to cross junctions. Have you never felt a little frustrated when trying to cross a side road especially in inclement weather when you have to stop to allow a person in a nice warm dry environment to pass in front of you? The world would be a much nicer place if people weren't so selfish and considered others just a little more!
    • #29
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,348


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by golddene View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry laziness is the reason, I normally go to the massive effort of scrolling down to read responses to others quotes, realise now how arduous this can be and have duelly noted this for future reference. I apologise profusely.
      I understand.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
    • #30
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,348


      0 Not allowed!
      Walking without due care and attention.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •