Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's a VAR hat-trick of denials for Brazil

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Brazil have now scored two goals against Venezuela and both were originally awarded, only to be overturned by VAR. What does this say about the effectiveness of officiating before VAR, since without VAR Brazil would be heading for a 2-0 win right now instead of a 0-0 draw.

Add in that VAR denied what looked a pretty good shout for a penalty to Brazil, and I don't think the system is too popular locally right now.

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The first goal was a clear offside, not sure where the linesman was looking. The second goal however was very tough. The keeper came out so the Brazil player was behind the last outfielder but not two defenders so I can see how the ref made the wrong call on the field. I was surprised however that for the second VAR call, the ref stayed on the field. I was confused on what he was doing but then all of a sudden he made the call.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The first goal was a clear offside, not sure where the linesman was looking.

Exactly. It should not have required VAR to decide. It's a joke. Are the referees deciding to award more and leave it to VAR to sort out? Whatever the reason, fans now have to wait minutes to know whether they can celebrate or not.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly. It should not have required VAR to decide. It's a joke. Are the referees deciding to award more and leave it to VAR to sort out? Whatever the reason, fans now have to wait minutes to know whether they can celebrate or not.

This, I hope it doesn't come to this over here

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here