Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Peugeot 1007 (electric doors). Anybody got one?

I've all but promised an acquaintance that at the end of the month I'll buy his 1007, which is a small 3 door offering. It's USP is that each side door has its own button on a remote control to open and close it, so presumably doesn't need central locking. I asked him what happens when the remote control batteries fail and he assured me that the doors can be opened manually. I've since read up on this model and discovered that the word 'manually' has been used in its narrowest definition, because pulling the lever on the door does nothing mechanical; it just operates an electronic switch, presumably the same one the remote control targets. This means that in the event of battery failure, or even on a very cold morning when the battery level might have fallen too low to operate the doors, the only access would be to clamber in through the boot. Can anybody confirm that the boot lock is not affected by the side doors being locked, and therefore can always be opened with a physical key?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I know a few rac men and there is a way but car needs jacking up and boost pack needs connecting to starter motor terminals once the undertray has been removed.

Not much surprises me on cars these days

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Just don't buy a Peugeot in my experience. Got rid of mine 6 months ago after 4 years of issues. Might have just been unlucky but it was garbage.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A mate of mine had one a year or two back, got rid of it after one of (I think he said the drivers but I may be misremembering) the doors decided it liked to open itself at 70mph. Though I only have his word for that.
Gave me a good chuckle when the reverse happened due to a slight gradient outside my house and he got his bag stuck in it.
Sure they were probably a great novelty for a few years when new and fully working, but I'd personally avoid like the plague now. No clue about the boot release, though seem to think it may have had central locking all round with buttons to activate once unlocked.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Personally, in 37 years of driving, I've never found it particularly onerous to open doors with a mechanical handle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here