Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v France under 21 championship

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Even before the sending off France were looking to overload down the flanks, quite why we would then take of both wingers and replace them with strikers is beyond me. Abraham and also Calvert-Lewin both looked lost.

The substitutions were bizarre.

I don’t get the hype over Wan-Bissaka, he looked like a complete novice in that team. Very disappointing performance reminiscent of his games against us this season.

:shrug:

Probably playing because the best English Under 21 right back is already playing for the full team. If United want to spunk 50 mill on that they can be my guest, just so long as Palace sink it in to someone even more shite.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t get the hype over Wan-Bissaka, he looked like a complete novice in that team. Very disappointing performance reminiscent of his games against us this season.

:shrug:

Careful there chap.

The Goonsquad have already branded him the new Cafu / Maldini / Carlos Alberto. As we all know, its highly unusual for them to exaggerate the talents of their younger players, so we can certainly expect a stellar career in the making again here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Careful there chap.

The Goonsquad have already branded him the new Cafu / Maldini / Carlos Alberto. As we all know, its highly unusual for them to exaggerate the talents of their younger players, so we can certainly expect a stellar career in the making again here.

Indeed. The latest in a line of South Norwood Galacticos. If he can achieve half of what stablemates Jon Bostock and Jonny(esta) Williams have, the lad is set for one heck of a career.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed. The latest in a line of South Norwood Galacticos. If he can achieve half of what stablemates Jon Bostock and Jonny(esta) Williams have, the lad is set for one heck of a career.

And then some.

Perhaps he'll follow in their superstars now legendary steps to Man Utd reserves, Cardiff and then...oh.
Or perhaps the much-vaunted Joniesta's Championship / L1 odyssey, taking in Ipswich, Forest, Sunderland, MKD and then even Charlton.

That production line of talent seemingly knows no bounds. But then you can't say they didn't tell us. They knew.

They all knew.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or perhaps the much-vaunted Joniesta's Championship / L1 odyssey, taking in Ipswich, Forest, Sunderland, MKD and then even Charlton.

Sadly, for Charlton they have been (understandably) unable to keep hold of Joniesta, this summer, despite promotion to the Championship. They laughably announced it as him 'being released', bless them, but presumably he's turned them down as the lure of La Liga was too strong.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sadly, for Charlton they have been (understandably) unable to keep hold of Joniesta, this summer, despite promotion to the Championship. They laughably announced it as him 'being released', bless them, but presumably he's turned them down as the lure of La Liga was too strong.

Find the criticism of Jonny Williams very odd

Charlton didn't offer a deal as they couldn't get near his previous wage.
"He's going to have other clubs that are interested in him. If the money isn't what he's looking for, or if there is any way we can get close to it, then we will be speaking to his agent."

Also, for those who watched Sunderland till I die, and basically saw a player going through what I can only imagine was a form of depression, I find it difficult to criticise him, even if it's a Palace angle.

The guy is only 25, was a VERY talented player, and has had the worst luck on injuries. Palace or not, I hope he fulfils at least some of the potential which is clearly there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"He's going to have other clubs that are interested in him. If the money isn't what he's looking for, or if there is any way we can get close to it, then we will be speaking to his agent."

Also, for those who watched Sunderland till I die, and basically saw a player going through what I can only imagine was a form of depression, I find it difficult to criticise him, even if it's a Palace angle.

The guy is only 25, was a VERY talented player, and has had the worst luck on injuries. Palace or not, I hope he fulfils at least some of the potential which is clearly there.

I've nothing against the chap either. I'm just a little bit disappointed in how he turned out as a player, because when he was at Palace I (and many others) were repeatedly led to believe that this guy was the new Xavi / Iniesta / Makalele all rolled into one. It was apparently a privilege to be inside the same stadium as this mercurial emerging talent, and was just further proof of the legendary "Croydon La Masia" academy producing yet another colossal talent to bestride our game. Palace Youth was the envy of northern Europe at the time of course, probably still is. And this was just another starlet from their seemingly endless production line sent out onto the world stage to perform.

They told us. They all told us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There's no criticism of Williams. All the criticism is of the Palace fans' ludicrous unrealistic feting of his supposed talents (for a player that injuries or otherwise, has scored a total of THREE goals in his eight year league career).

I watched the Charlton play-off semi win. Williams coming on, won them that match - completely changed the flow of the game in their favour. I don't follow how they are unable to afford in the Championship, what they were able to afford in League One?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's no criticism of Williams. All the criticism is of the Palace fans' ludicrous unrealistic feting of his supposed talents (for a player that injuries or otherwise, has scored a total of THREE goals in his eight year league career).

I watched the Charlton play-off semi win. Williams coming on, won them that match - completely changed the flow of the game in their favour. I don't follow how they are unable to afford in the Championship, what they were able to afford in League One?

Maybe he's Just Too Good For Them?

He's also made of balsa wood and unicorn tears, and breaks every time somebody moves within three feet of him.

Moving back to Wan Bissaka, it was nice to see him performing as poorly for England as he twice did against us last season. Proves his performances weren't just a flash in the pan.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Maybe he's Just Too Good For Them?

He's also made of balsa wood and unicorn tears, and breaks every time somebody moves within three feet of him.

Moving back to Wan Bissaka, it was nice to see him performing as poorly for England as he twice did against us last season. Proves his performances weren't just a flash in the pan.

It seems he’s on his way to Old Trafford, price £55 mill, £40 up front.
He will be a star, it was a pleasure to see him play in the red and blue.
I’m sure you’ll wish him well Edna .:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here