Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not surprisingly Johnson is all over the Sunday front pages and the neighbours are branded 'leftwing' according to The Sunday Telegraph and 'anti-Brexit' according to the Mail on Sunday and 'remain voting' as per the Sunday Express.............

Along with the reaction to that Mark Field business, this Boris Johnson affair really does seem to have caused a great disturbance in the broflake/gammon/leave voting force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out 'political correctness gone mad' in anger and were suddenly outraged.

The daft thing is, the press highlighting it, is doing exactly what A B deP Johnson doesn't want. He wants it to all be shoved under a stone, and for everyone to love him as the 'lovable cuddly rogue' that he really is.
He is just a puppet as shown by Steve Bannon assisting him with his resignation as Foreign Secretary.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Ah bless

Well I'll stop highlighting you if you either explain what it is you want or stop shouting for things you can't explain, rather than just repeating the same tired cliches over and over again - deal ?

Same old tired cliches? How is that possible if I've hardly posted on the brexit thread lately? Now I'm off for a splendid day on the beach old chap. Have a good one.:wave:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Not surprisingly Johnson is all over the Sunday front pages and the neighbours are branded 'leftwing' according to The Sunday Telegraph and 'anti-Brexit' according to the Mail on Sunday and 'remain voting' as per the Sunday Express.............

Along with the reaction to that Mark Field business, this Boris Johnson affair really does seem to have caused a great disturbance in the broflake/gammon/leave voting force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out 'political correctness gone mad' in anger and were suddenly outraged.

The right are really showing themselves up here. There were multiple witnesses to the argument, trying to smear the couple that recorded it and reported it to the police and label them as ‘creepy’, just shows them to be the snidey opportunistic scum that they are.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The right are really showing themselves up here. There were multiple witnesses to the argument, trying to smear the couple that recorded it and reported it to the police and label them as ‘creepy’, just shows them to be the snidey opportunistic scum that they are.

Problem with highlighting what correct thinking people see as faults only serves to further his “fanbase” support. It’s like when Farage’s or Trump’s racism is pointed out. Their supporters are racist so it just makes them like them more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Could we ever have imagined this sort of scenario with John and Norma Major or William Hague with Ffion ? It really is an incredible situation for the PM elect to find himself in, it makes us look like a banana republic.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you thought it couldn't get any worse, Iain Duncan Smith rumoured to be Deputy Prime Minister if Boris wins.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could we ever have imagined this sort of scenario with John and Norma Major or William Hague with Ffion ? It really is an incredible situation for the PM elect to find himself in, it makes us look like a banana republic.

But I thought you would have learnt by now, nothing else matters as long as we 'get on with it'

Hard Border in Northern Ireland ? It doesn't matter
Free access to all British Markets under WTO MFN ? It doesn't matter
Johnson for PM ? It doesn't matter
Economic recession ? It doesn't matter
Completely Open Border ? It doesn't matter
Trying to negotiate Trade deal with USA without getting totally shafted ? It doesn't matter
Jobs lost ? It doesn't matter

As long as we 'get on with it' :facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its notable those other witness did not report to police, or the Guardian, or have recordings ready. bit odd for neighbourly behaviour to record and call the paper right after the police.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
its notable those other witness did not report to police, or the Guardian, or have recordings ready. bit odd for neighbourly behaviour to record and call the paper right after the police.

I gather it was reported to the police by two separate neighbours and a passer-by, and a further witness says she was considering calling the police when the ca and van came.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You should read what the neighbour has been reported as saying. Firstly, nothing odd in recording, it's evidence in case there is future denial by one or other of the parties (let's be honest, it's not unheard of for victims of domestic violence not to press charges). Secondly, the neighbour stated that once the Police had attended and decided all was well, ie no complaint was being pursued, that's when they reported it to the Guardian (who don't pay for stories) as they thought it was in the public interest as this moron is trying to be the next PM!!!

So, not quite your story of calling the guardian right after notifying the Police.

I find it very odd that when you hear Johnson's supporters being interviewed, they seem capable of turning a blind eye to absolutely anything he does!!!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He's right, there is a witch hunt for BJ right now, as Hunt will have intrusions also.

I have no doubt that our respected Press will look into the 'history' of the witnesses, and rightly so.

I thought witch hunts were only directed towards Corbyn.

I lived through the power cuts and strikes of the 70s, unions and governments reducing the country to paralysis and I cannot ever remember being as depressed about politics as I am now.

For some reason, the powers that be in the Tory and Labour parties seem to think that we want either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn to run our country.

How thoroughly demoralising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Indeed Lower West, he's the UK's Donald Trump, only behind that bumbling, user-friendly Johnson facade is a nasty, ruthless piece of work. Odious individual, It was bad enough him being Foreign Secretary, but the figurehead of this country! Shudder.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
its notable those other witness did not report to police.

My interpretation of events.

Boris is wholly unprepared for the Hustings the next day.

He is working late on the sofa with a glass of red wine in his hand.

He has been TOLD on a number of occasions NOT to drink red wine on the expensive designer sofa, especially in combination with a laptop. Especially when the person who owns the sofa has had to work hard to buy it.

Boris drops his wine and all hell breaks loose.

He considers it a "trifling matter" and the cost of a new sofa as "chicken feed". Boris has never had to buy furniture, only inherit it.

His girlfriend then starts smashing plates screaming "so this is worth **** all too", "and this is worth **** all too", "and this one", "and this one".

However, she is cleverer than Boris and knows they are just a mid range set from John Lewis and can easily be replaced.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed Lower West, he's the UK's Donald Trump, only behind that bumbling, user-friendly Johnson facade is a nasty, ruthless piece of work. Odious individual, It was bad enough him being Foreign Secretary, but the figurehead of this country! Shudder.

Well there's one difference between Trump and Boris. Regarding Trump, Bnts can regularly shake their heads and ask themselves how a guy like that got elected by his fellow countrymen. When Johnson takes over literally no one will be able to point the finger at the whole of the British electorate. The hilarious irony being that he'll then dump us out if the EU without a deal in the name of democracy :facepalm:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Are you for real? Do you not think the area constabulary wouldn't be aware that that property that they were called to investigate a disturbance at was the property where our next Prime minister ( bar a Miracle ) was /is a regular visitor, I'm just amazed it wasn't an armed response contingency ! And you think one patrol car would have been sufficient ? The only thing that saddens me is that the same posters are quick to rubbish or sweep this under the carpet as are same ones who rushed to defend the assault committed by Mark Fields and also are the same hard nosed Brexit supporter regulars, sad to me and quite quite damning.

Perhaps one of the cars might have stopped the murder by shooting committed around the same time,or doesn't it matter because it wasn't a 'domestic'?One patrol car was more than sufficient.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Carrie isn't Boris's wife. He's still in the process of a very mess divorce from his wife. If he does marry Carrie, she will be his third wife.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As someone observed on Facebook, his partner was repeatedly screaming for him to "get out, get out". It was surprising that he refused to, as surely leave means leave.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
. Meanwhile Hunt has publicly called for Johnson to explain what happened. Not sure this will play too well with Tory grassroots as it smacks of opportunism (hitting a chap when he's down; surely you on' do this to an Old Etonian?). Better to keep a dignified distance perhaps?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well there's one difference between Trump and Boris. Regarding Trump, Bnts can regularly shake their heads and ask themselves how a guy like that got elected by his fellow countrymen. When Johnson takes over literally no one will be able to point the finger at the whole of the British electorate. The hilarious irony being that he'll then dump us out if the EU without a deal in the name of democracy :facepalm:

The hilarious irony being that he won't. Neither will he get a better deal. Then the Tory shires will finally realise.

Actually, as you were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here