Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The most disturbing thing is that some commentators and MPs are questioning the political beliefs of somebody who rang the police after hearing screaming and cries of "get off me."

Why don't they go the whole hog and ask for the military to be in charge of the country ?

(Make sure you carry your papers around)

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's like some sort of mad game designed by Remainers to see how far Leavers can be pushed before even they have to admit that this whole Brexit thing has become so ridiculous that no one could still defend it ?

Posters of Boris in front of £350M to NHS bus (Oh no, you misinterpreted)
Pictures of Nige in front of EU Immigrants pouring into Britain (except it was the Croatia/Slovenia border)
No Immigration controls (Oh, except for those that we do have but don't implement, both within and external to the EU)
Turkey joining the EU (except they can't)
The EU Army (It's not happening)
The German Car industry panicking (they didn't)
Boost to the Economy (maybe in 50 years according to JRM)
Parliamentary Sovereignty (complete deadlock)
The EU need us more than we need them and will blink first in negotiations (they didn't)
The eventual entirely foreseeable deal with customs union (Don't want a Vassal State)
No Deal, NI Border and WTO rules (We haven't put anything in place in the last 3 years, so it certainly won't happen in the next 3 years)
Re-negotiate the deal (The EU negotiating team have been disbanded and the EU have 3-4 months of internal elections before they could re-negotiate, which they have said they won't)

and now, Johnson for PM

Who on earth would have believed this in 2016.

I really can't imagine what the next stage of this game could be, or indeed whether there is any level of facts or information that could still come out to make the remaining runt of leavers maybe reconsider.

Judging from the above, I suspect there isn't. It's almost as if facts and information didn't form any part of the decision in the first place :shrug:

Another sunny summers day ... yet another day where the usual suspects parade their ongoing inadequacies and neediness spending an inordinate amount of time spouting the same tired old prejudices and nonsense on NSC.

48928751.jpg

:angel:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is a load of bollocks. I dislike Boris immensely, but the fact that he had a bit of a row with his missus isn’t news, and someone recording it and sending it to a national newspaper is sinister.
It's very much a story I'm afraid. The row was audible from outside the property and the Police were called. He is on the verge of becoming PM in the middle of a potentially messy divorce from his wife.

If that isn't a public interest story I don't know what is.

Every newspaper irrespective of it's political persuasion has placed it on the front page.

Would you rather the press covered it up ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder how many robberies and stabbings took place while Plod sent 3 police cars to reports of a domestic.Had someone told them ITN were on the way?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The most disturbing thing is that some commentators and MPs are questioning the political beliefs of somebody who rang the police after hearing screaming and cries of "get off me."

Why don't they go the whole hog and ask for the military to be in charge of the country ?

(Make sure you carry your papers around)

Don't think it's the calling of the police but the selling to a left wing rag

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You mean they could have faked the whole noise scenario just to make Boris look bad? Wow.

Incidentally, [MENTION=27531]Steve in Japan[/MENTION], the police issued a crime number confirmed to the press.

How on earth did you leap to that conclusion?!! Bizarre

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Johnson's intent is dependent on whether the person who made the recording is a Lib Dem voter, a Brexit Party voter or of absolutely no political persuasion whatsoever?

Or merely to cause mischief or seek attention. People are bonkers, who knows what motivation. All a bit Malcolm Tucker. No big deal in grand scale of things.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yeah let's just let domestic abuse run rampant, you wanker you utter utter wanker.

:drama:

Don't be such an aggressive moron.Perhaps 3 cars would be needed to deal with somebody like you,but to intimate the police were unaware of who was living at the flat would make them even more incompetent than I already think they are.One car would have been a sufficient response in the first instance.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Domestics never lead to assault or murder do they.

I refer you to my previous answer.I'm sure one police car would have been adequate to your house,if ever needed,as you sound normal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm with you 2 Profs, sending the only 3 police cars in that there London to one incident is madness.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm with you 2 Profs, sending the only 3 police cars in that there London to one incident is madness.

:lolol:And they say sarcasm is a dying art?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
:drama:

Don't be such an aggressive moron.Perhaps 3 cars would be needed to deal with somebody like you,but to intimate the police were unaware of who was living at the flat would make them even more incompetent than I already think they are.One car would have been a sufficient response in the first instance.

You can’t have it both ways. Either Plod turns up mob handed at Johnson’s love nest, because he is a prominent politician and there’s the possibility this could have been a terrorist incident and the next door neighbour got it wrong, or, Field was wrong to claim, that in this day and age, politicians are a target, and he was in fear of his life.

Plod obviously would have been made aware that the address was that of a controversial MP, who has in the past made several derogatory comments about Muslims, black people, and even scousers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonder how many robberies and stabbings took place while Plod sent 3 police cars to reports of a domestic.Had someone told them ITN were on the way?

Trivializing domestic violence. Lovely stuff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You can’t have it both ways. Either Plod turns up mob handed at Johnson’s love nest, because he is a prominent politician and there’s the possibility this could have been a terrorist incident and the next door neighbour got it wrong, or, Field was wrong to claim, that in this day and age, politicians are a target, and he was in fear of his life.

Plod obviously would have been made aware that the address was that of a controversial MP, who has in the past made several derogatory comments about Muslims, black people, and even scousers.
Good points, from outside it could be interpreted that there was an intruder in the building with unknown intent. Within a couple of months, BJ will almost certainly make it to PM and at that point will be guarded round the clock.

I'm surprised the Police did not have a copper stood outside his front door already as if someone had got to him it would have been quite a propaganda victory for any number of disaffected groups.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

So you are saying that MI5 and Special Branch aren't competent enough to protect Boris?Perhaps on their doughnut break?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here