Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The reasons for people using food banks are many-fold, one of which is the divorce rate causing untold damage to families and children. Yes, that may be true about the divorce rate, though your assertion is conjecture, but if I could make myself clearer, the amount of people separating who are not married is equally worrying. Your question is typical of you - simplistic in the extreme. In some ways we are unquestionably better than 30 years ago, certainly in terms of whether we tolerate others by and large, but in other areas we are not so well off. In terms of teaching, where I volunteer, there is, as ever, a TA in every class, and they have no problem in recruiting. Your final sentence says it all -I voted remain! Yet again these sweeping statements which make you look silly at times.

By the way, as a teacher, no comma is needed when you use plurals. You need a comma when you describe possession. It pays to talk to a teacher.
I'm not a teacher as you know, however, I would advise you to clean that last ramble up and make it a little more succinct.

I'm also surprised by your continued adherence to blaming divorce/separation as being a major cause of the use of food banks, are you some kind of fundamentalist Christian?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not a teacher as you know, however, I would advise you to clean that last ramble up and make it a little more succinct.

I'm also surprised by your continued adherence to blaming divorce/separation as being a major cause of the use of food banks, are you some kind of fundamentalist Christian?

I know that you don't teach but even so that is not an excuse to continually jump to conclusions and ignore what is written - I said that the reasons were many-fold, as they indeed are - buy you prefer to say that I stated that it is a major cause, which I didn't and then, having convinced yourself, bring up nonsense about religion.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
"Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my ****ing laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise."

So what (or who) did Carrie discover on his laptop then? ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow. The man is out of control, drunk on arrogance, if he thinks he can get away with this. That, or he has appalling bad judgement in birds (if we blame the girl friend). Either way, hopefully the blue rinse geriocrasy that constitutes the membership electorate may start taking a hard look at their options. :mad::cheery:

:flypig:

It will be interesting to see how many papers run this story on Saturday, and will Johnson just shrug it off in a Trumpian manner ? Here we have a future Prime Minister at best behaving badly at worst as a dangerous loose cannon. You could never imagine PM's in recent times getting up to this and getting away with it, somehow Boris seems fireproof..... even without water cannons.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Hmmmm . This may all be true, but there are a number of things that don't sound right.

1. The neighbour who recorded it for the girlfriends safety, and then passed the recording to the Guardian. As you would. Wouldn't you?

2. The Met who found no evidence of any assault, crime, whatever.

3. The timing. Exquisite. Half of this board is convinced Boris is a serial abuser because, well, it's in the papers. And he must be a cnt.

I shall suspend my own judgement.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my ****ing laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise."

So what did Carrie discover on his laptop then? ???

???

Attachments

• northstandchat.com.png
    northstandchat.com.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 123

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, my fault -the computer crashed at the vital time, and distracted me (honestly!!)

Oops ! strange use of commas and hyphens there ? I suppose that is why you are a volunteer at school rather than being employed.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hmmmm . This may all be true, but there are a number of things that don't sound right.

1. The neighbour who recorded it for the girlfriends safety, and then passed the recording to the Guardian. As you would. Wouldn't you?

2. The Met who found no evidence of any assault, crime, whatever.

3. The timing. Exquisite. Half of this board is convinced Boris is a serial abuser because, well, it's in the papers. And he must be a cnt.

I shall suspend my own judgement.

Yes, my thoughts entirely. It all sounds rather too convenient. But Ok - the lefties are having their go, and enjoying his discomfort, and to be fair, had it been ,say, Corbyn, the other mob would have had their go! All the posters on here talking about relationship problems, as they have never had such a thing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, my thoughts entirely. It all sounds rather too convenient. But Ok - the lefties are having their go, and enjoying his discomfort, and to be fair, had it been ,say, Corbyn, the other mob would have had their go! All the posters on here talking about relationship problems, as they have never had such a thing.

Oh dear, back to " relationship problems " again...…..please let it go !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Oops ! strange use of commas and hyphens there ? I suppose that is why you are a volunteer at school rather than being employed.

Now don't get above your lowly station -it was only because someone else spotted the error, which you would not have known about, and in your rush to make cheap point, you talk of hyphens rather than apostrophes. The hyphen was used correctly. I suppose that is why you have bemoaned the fact that you are not paid well due to your low status.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Now don't get above your lowly station -it was only because someone else spotted the error, which you would not have known about, and in your rush to make cheap point, you talk of hyphens rather than apostrophes. The hyphen was used correctly. I suppose that is why you have bemoaned the fact that you are not paid well due to your low status.

Yes guv, so much lower status than you, Mr la-di-da Gunner Graham.:bowdown:

Edit: Surely Hastings gull should have a capital for each word ? but, hey, I'm a lowly paid, ill educated fellow so I'm only guessing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

By the way, as a teacher, no comma is needed when you use plurals. You need a comma when you describe possession. It pays to talk to a teacher.

As a Teacher I'd expect you to know the difference between a comma and an apostrophe.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Pinned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It will be interesting to see how many papers run this story on Saturday, and will Johnson just shrug it off in a Trumpian manner ? Here we have a future Prime Minister at best behaving badly at worst as a dangerous loose cannon. You could never imagine PM's in recent times getting up to this and getting away with it, somehow Boris seems fireproof..... even without water cannons.

image.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you totally sure about this? His wording may well have been unhelpful, but I am pretty sure that he was not responsible for her being imprisoned. You need to be rather careful with this sort of accusation.

You're right. He is, however, held as responsible for her continuing to be imprisoned through his actions & words as foreign secretary, and that is the accusation laid at his door by the family of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...case-for-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-say-family

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here