Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1046
  1. #181
    Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Central Borneo / the Lizard
    Posts
    8,706


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She may have promised earlier that she wouldn't support a second referendum. I think this is all about who can unite parliament more than the deal itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eventually, the factions of the Tory party will fall into line to get it through, for no other reason than that ultimately Tory MPs care more about their party than their country.
    Completely agree. I think its only possible under Boris, compared to the other candidates. Probably why he is a shoo-in to win

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #182
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      24,615


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How many MPs do you foresee the Brexit Party contributing to this coalition, given that they couldn't score an open goal in Peterbrough the other week?
      Quote Originally Posted by WilburySeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      what eould Farage have to offer? He has no mps to affect a parliamentary vote until an election which would likely result in tories being wiped out.
      Farage has got plenty to offer. He doesn't want or need any MPs, if he can guarantee a majority of Leave MPs it doesn't matter whether they're Tory or BP.

      I suspect that he'll want a seat for himself but his thinking is that 400 Leave MPs (say, 395 Tories and 5 BP) all prepared to vote for no-deal would do very nicely. Farage gets a seat in the cabinet, Johnson gets Brexit through, the economy collapses - which will all be the EU's fault.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #183
      Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Posts
      19,841


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How many MPs do you foresee the Brexit Party contributing to this coalition, given that they couldn't score an open goal in Peterbrough the other week?
      Indeed, I think there have only been one or two genuinely elected UKIP MP's over the last 3-4 parliaments. Farage himself is a serial loser when it comes to parliamentary elections.

      I think most people are sensible enough not to vote for a party with no manifesto other than Brexit.... Well, I hope!
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

      " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
    • #184
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      8,706


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Farage has got plenty to offer. He doesn't want or need any MPs, if he can guarantee a majority of Leave MPs it doesn't matter whether they're Tory or BP.

      I suspect that he'll want a seat for himself but his thinking is that 400 Leave MPs (say, 395 Tories and 5 BP) all prepared to vote for no-deal would do very nicely. Farage gets a seat in the cabinet, Johnson gets Brexit through, the economy collapses - which will all be the EU's fault.
      Brexit Party could wipe the tories out. BP + Tory coalition could never wipe out the other parties
    • #185
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      24,615


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Indeed, I think there have only been one or two genuinely elected UKIP MP's over the last 3-4 parliaments. Farage himself is a serial loser when it comes to parliamentary elections.

      I think most people are sensible enough not to vote for a party with no manifesto other than Brexit.... Well, I hope!
      You're missing the point: no-one's going to vote for the BP. What the proposal will be (I'm sure) is that the BP promises not to stand against leave-voting Tories (which will probably be most of them by then). It's not going to give the Tories a completely clear run (and there'll be some Remainers there) but it will be enough to get a majority.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #186
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Uffern
      Posts
      24,615


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      BP + Tory coalition could never wipe out the other parties
      It doesn't have to - winning 10 more seats would be enough (although I think it would be more than that)
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
    • #187
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      53,928


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You're missing the point: no-one's going to vote for the BP. What the proposal will be (I'm sure) is that the BP promises not to stand against leave-voting Tories (which will probably be most of them by then). It's not going to give the Tories a completely clear run (and there'll be some Remainers there) but it will be enough to get a majority.
      So not 'a coalition' at all then?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #188
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      11,433


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is that definate then or just because you say so like a few others on here , sounds to me like you're trying to put a brave face on reality
      regards
      DR
      It's the definite outcome. I'm most relaxed about it. No need for false contortions on my countenance.

      I do suspect much steam and flush in yours though as this goes on.

      I'm okay with us leaving. No need to hurry though. Let's get it right, eh ?
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #189
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      8,706


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It doesn't have to - winning 10 more seats would be enough (although I think it would be more than that)
      You've suggested they could win 400 combined from current 313, by joining forces. I don't see how that is in the slightest bit possible. Declaring a partnership with farage would surely see their vote share drop, that man is poison in many places
    • #190

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's the definite outcome. I'm most relaxed about it. No need for false contortions on my countenance.

      I do suspect much steam and flush in yours though as this goes on.

      I'm okay with us leaving. No need to hurry though. Let's get it right, eh ?
      It was right first time around , unfortunately some stuborn people still think it isn't, Democracy will be the winner as instructed in the Referendum result after all it's not to much to ask for is it
      regards
      DR

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •