Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What, so you can close down some more children's hospices, where extremely ill kids go to die and get the very best of care before they pass away.
Unfortunately no matter how many people jump out of planes, bake cakes or run a marathon the NHS won't provide the funds, more money to come but far too late and even then it is not guaranteed to go to children's hospices.
Yes let's get your sordid mob back in with a majority with the biggest prat to enter the commons leading the way.
People like you and Hastings Gull make me want to throw up, hang your heads in shame.

Do you honestly believe that the likes of Corbyn will find the funds to solve Social care, NHS, education, homelessness and still have enough left over to pay for this too?
Until UK taxpayers are prepared to pay a much higher rate of tax, sadly, this will continue. Look at tax rates in Scandinavia countries where healthcare and social care / support is rated better. Some of these countries have far higher basic rates than the UK.
Can you imagine a majority in the UK voting for a party to solve all these issues but increasing tax rates by 30%?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you honestly believe that the likes of Corbyn will find the funds to solve Social care, NHS, education, homelessness and still have enough left over to pay for this too?
Until UK taxpayers are prepared to pay a much higher rate of tax, sadly, this will continue. Look at tax rates in Scandinavia countries where healthcare and social care / support is rated better. Some of these countries have far higher basic rates than the UK.
Can you imagine a majority in the UK voting for a party to solve all these issues but increasing tax rates by 30%?

Or by borrowing many billions from the IMF as usually happens when Labour come into government.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sadly it will be Johnson... we are now in a world where Putin, Trump and Johnson lead their countries. God help us.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Presumably the end of Gove on the front benches, at least for a few years, unless Johnson decides to keep Gove close in the Cabinet?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Presumably the end of Gove on the front benches, at least for a few years, unless Johnson decides to keep Gove close in the Cabinet?

I hope he stabs him in the back after his betrayal 3 years ago which left us with May. Gove is one of the worst political members I've ever witness a detestable man

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What, so you can close down some more children's hospices, where extremely ill kids go to die and get the very best of care before they pass away.
Unfortunately no matter how many people jump out of planes, bake cakes or run a marathon the NHS won't provide the funds, more money to come but far too late and even then it is not guaranteed to go to children's hospices.
Yes let's get your sordid mob back in with a majority with the biggest prat to enter the commons leading the way.
People like you and Hastings Gull make me want to throw up, hang your heads in shame.

Just so sad to read this predictable and pathetic diatribe – why not try and post something positive? I spent 40 years teaching kids and most of that time on the pastoral side trying to get kids and their parents to raise their expectations and improve behaviour so as to give them a life chance. And then you insult me and others with this nonsense – what makes you think, other than sheer arrogance, that you care more than others? And given that you have posted on the Brexit that thick people should not be given a vote, it just simply adds to your hypocritical stupidity.
You have mentioned all these things that need addressing. Yes, they do. They all need more money being poured into the treasury. And that will presumably have to come from taxation. How much are you prepared to pay, because nowhere in any of your questionable posts do I see any mention of a financial sacrifice you are prepared to make, other than simply to hit out at others with whom you disagree. Unlike you I have experience of another country's health system, and believe you me, it will cost you an awful lot more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It is a Chicken and Egg situation unfortunately. Because many wages are so low, the tax contribution is equally low. If wages genuinely increased slightly above inflation, tax receipts would increase too. However, so many people are locked in to low pay they end up claiming benefits while in work thereby further eating in to the overall tax receipts. Add to this the companies who are expert at avoiding corporation tax and you have a perfect storm of dwindling tax receipts and an increase in the requirements of Health and Education and Social Care.

It really is an insoluble problem, a Corbyn government would struggle to find enough cash to provide what is quite obviously desperately required in order to solve the multitudinal financial needs of our " society ". Big businessmen talking about relocating abroad is one of the laughable aspects of the Tory v Labour divide especially when they have already moved most of their assets abroad already !

The only real solution would be to invade and annexe the likes of the Cayman Islands, BVI etc etc. that's where all our countries assets are now

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is a Chicken and Egg situation unfortunately. Because many wages are so low, the tax contribution is equally low. If wages genuinely increased slightly above inflation, tax receipts would increase too.

those on low wages pay very little proportion of total tax, some percent or two extra isnt going to increase tax revenues, it'll be nice for them of course (may increase inflation though in a vicious cycle). tax revenues have been increasing every year since 2011, squinting at a graph about rate of inflation. the solution really is to simply sell a package of want more, pay more, and see if the public vote for that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It is a Chicken and Egg situation unfortunately. Because many wages are so low, the tax contribution is equally low. If wages genuinely increased slightly above inflation, tax receipts would increase too. However, so many people are locked in to low pay they end up claiming benefits while in work thereby further eating in to the overall tax receipts. Add to this the companies who are expert at avoiding corporation tax and you have a perfect storm of dwindling tax receipts and an increase in the requirements of Health and Education and Social Care.

It really is an insoluble problem, a Corbyn government would struggle to find enough cash to provide what is quite obviously desperately required in order to solve the multitudinal financial needs of our " society ". Big businessmen talking about relocating abroad is one of the laughable aspects of the Tory v Labour divide especially when they have already moved most of their assets abroad already !

The only real solution would be to invade and annexe the likes of the Cayman Islands, BVI etc etc. that's where all our countries assets are now

So we invade and find all sorts of bank notes lying around, do we? I would hope that this was meant in jest, but knowing your posts, I am not so certain . .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I hope he stabs him in the back after his betrayal 3 years ago which left us with May. Gove is one of the worst political members I've ever witness a detestable man

Not a fan then!

Interesting to think what would have happened had Gove not sabotaged Johnson last time. Probably May about to become PM after Johnson failed to deliver Brexit :shrug:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

Tax receipts aren’t dwindling though. They are increasing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there a third place play off ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here