Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The extent to which the Tory Party can push the boundaries of kvntish behaviour is simply staggering.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Mixed views on Stewart - seemed reasonable and so would have been a good choice IF i was a tory voter.

Boris is an ERG puppet and they are manipulating everything in the background. So forget the 160k conservative party members who might have a vote, the real power lies with 60 or so MPs and their financial backers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Only just seen the latest round of voting and then heard some Tory politician say 'Boris is the only person who can reunite the country'. If that is the case then are well and truly f**ked!

with less than half the parliamentry party, he cant unite the party. daft thing to say.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mixed views on Stewart - seemed reasonable and so would have been a good choice IF i was a tory voter.

Boris is an ERG puppet and they are manipulating everything in the background. So forget the 160k conservative party members who might have a vote, the real power lies with 60 or so MPs and their financial backers.
Incredible that a serial liar now becomes a shoe in for Prime Minister. He was even outed in the House as a racist during PMQ'S today!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...heard some Tory politician say 'Boris is the only person who can reunite the country'. If that is the case then are well and truly f**ked!

Boris is the perfect candidate to unite the country.

By Christmas everybody will agree he's a complete fvcking idiot.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes of course they will , stop being bitter we're on course to leave the EU on the 31st of October
regards
DR

:shrug:

Frankly, it doesn't worry me if we leave the EU on the 31st October, before that or after that or never. The sun will come up the next day whatever happens.

Doesn't mean I don't think Boris is a complete idiot. Do we really need another Bullingdon Boy as PM?

Jan 30, 2008
:shrug:

Frankly, it doesn't worry me if we leave the EU on the 31st October, before that or after that or never. The sun will come up the next day whatever happens.

Doesn't mean I don't think Boris is a complete idiot. Do we really need another Bullingdon Boy as PM?
Well respect for your honest opinion , as for another Bullingdon Boy that will be down to the party members, watch this space
regards
DR

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well if you tell the truth it won't wash with the Tories, four fantasists remain with no solutions to the way forward.

TM's legacy won't be so bad after all...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Gerrymandering by Johnson's supporters. They know they have enough of a lead to 'lend' votes to others.

I thought you were in favour of tactical voting?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just 8 people out of the thousands who put themselves forward were selected to put questions to the candidates.

And then today 2 of those selected, Abdullah Patel and Aman Thakar, have been suspended from their jobs because of their questionable views posted on Twitter that have subsequently come to light. :facepalm:

About time these TV debates were scrapped.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can anyone explain what has just happened in the last 48 hours?

Rory Stewart jumped from 19 MPs to 37 over the weekend, then Raab is eliminated and 30 more MPs are up for grabs, then the TV debate where Stewart appeared to do as well - if not better - than the other 4, then Stewart's vote GOES DOWN by 10 and he is eliminated.

Boris supporters vote-lended to the no-hoper, Stewart, so that Raab could be eliminated. Stewart is great - I'd vote for him. But I have never voted tory. . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just 8 people out of the thousands who put themselves forward were selected to put questions to the candidates.

And then today 2 of those selected, Abdullah Patel and Aman Thakar, have been suspended from their jobs because of their questionable views posted on Twitter that have subsequently come to light. :facepalm:

About time these TV debates were scrapped.

Gives Boris an unarguable rason to refuse to ever do one again.

Unless it is versus Corbyn, obviously :wozza:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Talked to a Tory MP last night who was backing Johnson
"Do you think he'd be any good as PM"
"No"
"What on earth will he do about Brexit"?
"No one knows"
"Why do you want him, then?"
"He's the best hope we've got"
"By 'we" you don't mean Britain do you?"
"No the party, of course"

Indeed. First law of politics - win. Unfortunately the toris know only the first rule. Manwhile momentum labour know only 'no compromis with the electrorate' - and have no interest in winning anything other than control of their own party.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why did Boris want Raab eliminated so badly that he got his own supporters to vote for Stewart? Boris shat his pants in 2016 re Gove and now he's doing the same thing again in 2019 with Raab. In reality he has nothing to fear from either man so why not just play it straight and see what happens?

Boris will have to include Raab in his Cabinet so how is that conversation going to go and how much loyalty can Boris expext from Raab going forward?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why did Boris want Raab eliminated so badly that he got his own supporters to vote for Stewart? Boris shat his pants in 2016 re Gove and now he's doing the same thing again in 2019 with Raab. In reality he has nothing to fear from either man so why not just play it straight and see what happens?

Boris will have to include Raab in his Cabinet so how is that conversation going to go and how much loyalty can Boris expext from Raab going forward?

He fears Raab and Gove because he knows that they're true Brexiteers (and knows that the electorate knows they're true Brexiteers).

Johnson jumped on the Brexit bandwagon because he thought it was the best way to the top, but he doesn't want to be in a contest against a true believer when a fiercely Brexit-supporting electorate is looking at the two candidates.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here