Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1143453481002524674[/TWEET]

Personally I'd rather we didn't get bogged down about personal life. But this stinks and exposes the serial liar in full.

It is tragic the country is staring down the barrel of this. If he becomes PM we need an immediate GE...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is tragic the country is staring down the barrel of this. If he becomes PM we need an immediate GE...

careful what you wish for, Boris might do better in the country than you'd think, at least well enough that the Brexit situation isnt changed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
careful what you wish for, Boris might do better in the country than you'd think, at least well enough that the Brexit situation isnt changed.

So you're not falling for his spin then?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The one good thing about these two fcking idiots running their parties is that there is scope for real change in UK politics. I'm not sure it would take a huge leap of faith for voters to abandon the pair of them in droves.

As you say, what a state we have reached with a choice between Johnson(if he wins, and I sincerely hope he doesn't) and wretched Corbyn.
Both nutters.
How the hell did it come to this?
I just hope common sense prevails and Hunt wins.
As for Corbyn, I sincerely believe that he and McDonnell would wreck this country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As you say, what a state we have reached with a choice between Johnson(if he wins, and I sincerely hope he doesn't) and wretched Corbyn.
Both nutters.
How the hell did it come to this?
I just hope common sense prevails and Hunt wins.
As for Corbyn, I sincerely believe that he and McDonnell would wreck this country.

It's already well on the way to being wrecked - and that's thanks to the Conservative party. They've done nothing but divide it, not to mention their appalling record elsewhere, notably their incompetent roll-out of Universal Credit. I'm no fan of Corbyn but increasing taxes on those who can afford it will no more wreck the country than anything your party have done.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's already well on the way to being wrecked - and that's thanks to the Conservative party. They've done nothing but divide it, not to mention their appalling record elsewhere, notably their incompetent roll-out of Universal Credit. I'm no fan of Corbyn but increasing taxes on those who can afford it will no more wreck the country than anything your party have done.

We shall have to agree to disagree.
I am no fan of the present administration, but I have to say that a Conservative Government led by Jeremy Hunt, would be far more preferable than the two Marxists at the head of the Labour Party.
I sincerely hope that is a view taken by most sensible people in the country.
Those two frighten an awful lot of the population, hence the truly abysmal showing of Labour against a poor Tory administration.With a more centrist leader, Labour would be miles ahead.
Do we really want a Chancellor who wants to overthrow Capitalism?

D

Deleted member 22389

I am no fan of the present administration, but I have to say that a Conservative Government led by Jeremy Hunt, would be far more preferable than the two Marxists at the head of the Labour Party.
Those two frighten an awful lot of the population, hence the truly abysmal showing of Labour against a poor Tory administration.With a more centrist leader, Labour would be miles ahead.

I agree, and that is the view of sensible people in this country.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

What policies of Labour are Marxist ???

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Assume this has been posted but can't be arsed to check back. Apologies if it has.
If it hasn't, what the actual ****.

[tweet]1143491986768502786[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What policies of Labour are Marxist ???
Don't be picky Ernest, you know the drill, everybody knows that the moment Labour get in they declare martial law, hang Phil Collins ( if he hasn't got out of the country) and force anyone with a house, car, job, savings to give it all to the state....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand is the idea that when Boris becomes PM it will only be for a day as many Tory MP will vote in a vote of no confidence to remove him. What right do they have to do that if the electorate as in the voting members of the Tory party have voted for him. to be leader.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't be picky Ernest, you know the drill, everybody knows that the moment Labour get in they declare martial law, hang Phil Collins ( if he hasn't got out of the country) and force anyone with a house, car, job, savings to give it all to the state....

Well, I for one wouldn't like to risk it and neither would plenty of other reasonably minded people in this country.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Simple Gammon/Broflake/Leave Voter logic:

A No Deal Brexit - It'll be just fine because it's all just Project Fear made up by virtue signaling, Guardian reading, liberal metropolitan elite, establishment, remoaner experts in the MSM and is just political correctness gone mad to suggest otherwise and you just need to believe in Britain and put blind faith in the same people who said there'd be a deal because German car manufacturers would demand one, because they talk with posh English accents and went to Eton College and Oxbridge, so show them some respect and due inherrent deference and remember that we hold all the aces and Johnny Foreigner doesn't etc.

A Corbyn Government - An absolute disaster, a disgrace and an outrage. and John John McDonnell. and Diane Abbott. Quite literally Diane Abbott. :mad:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What I dont understand is the idea that when Boris becomes PM it will only be for a day as many Tory MP will vote in a vote of no confidence to remove him. What right do they have to do that if the electorate as in the voting members of the Tory party have voted for him. to be leader.

Is this really a sensible question? Tory party members represent about 0.3% of the country, MPs represent 100% of the country - which do you think better represents the mood of the people?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

140,000 Tory Party Members

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

No truer word said in jest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here