Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Stewart unfortunately shot himself in foot by being too honest, particularly on the tax question.

He isn't going to win the tory leadership on the basis of ruling out no deal and no tax cuts, despite being a fair, honest and pragmatic stance.

Edit: As for Johnson, the bloke is an eejit with a god complex.

This is what is meant when they say you get the politicians you deserve, it's like we tell them to lie to us, because we can't handle the truth.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would have asked the candidates if they thought that the Quran was dangerous hate speech and was the biggest contributing factor to "Islamophobia" outside the suicide terror missions where the Quran is quoted as a motivating factor?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
What is it with that arrogant grin all Tories have, horrible slimy c***s the lot of them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just watching on catch up. They need to sack Emily Mathis' make up artist, she looks like a mannequin.

Agree with the other posts, it's crap compared to the channel 4 format.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I cannot believe one of these very poor politicians will be voted in to be Prime Minister by equally poor politicians. Its not about one of these politicians being a better option than Jeremy Corbyn, its about choosing a candidate capable of being the political leader of our Country. Can anyone honestly see before them a leader in waiting, trustworthy and capable of uniting the country and successfully delivering Brexit? I can't, but not to worry it not up to the general public and I fail to see why this debate is being televised, we cannot influence who will be in charge in a few weeks. A general election should be called as soon as the new Prime minister has been chosen and then televised debate should be between opposing political candidates.

I can’t believe that 1: Your Watching it or 2: Whilst doing so your posting on here at the same time, do you live alone?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
just looked at Rory Stewart's wiki page. That is some CV especially the stuff before becoming an MP - i feel like i have under achieved!

Just saw this bit :ohmy:

In 2012, the Telegraph reported that in 2008, Brad Pitt bought the rights to make a film about Stewart, particularly his time in Afghanistan, with Orlando Bloom expected to play the leading role

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The YouGov poll today showed 61% of Conservative Party members would happily see the economy collapse as long as they get Brexit. An even greater number don't care if the Union ends as long as they get Brexit. Those 124,000 people are deciding to torch the United Kingdom in every single way possible and don't even pretend Brexit has any benefits. We aren't going to get a sensible decision on the next Prime Minister, and that shower we saw tonight, plus Raab, are going to all be in the cabinet.

They're a load of barstools...

Screenshot_20190618-220023.png

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
The YouGov poll today showed 61% of Conservative Party members would happily see the economy collapse as long as they get Brexit. An even greater number don't care if the Union ends as long as they get Brexit. Those 124,000 people are deciding to torch the United Kingdom in every single way possible and don't even pretend Brexit has any benefits. We aren't going to get a sensible decision on the next Prime Minister, and that shower we saw tonight, plus Raab, are going to all be in the cabinet.

Beyond depressing.
If anyone dares voice concerns about Brexit the “project fear” line is trotted out and we are told not to believe in the scare mongering.
Yet at the same time those pushing Brexit tell us to believe in the country and have faith things will be alright.

Brexit has gone beyond politics and has entered the realms of a belief system - blind faith.
The next prime minister was sat there tonight and quite frankly they do not have a clue how to sort this mess out or how it will end.

Please don’t reply with “leave means leave” - that is simplified , unhelpful rhetoric.
Life is far more complicated than some Hollywood style ending where we all run off into the sunset chanting “leave means leave”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Beyond depressing.
If anyone dares voice concerns about Brexit the “project fear” line is trotted out and we are told not to believe in the scare mongering.
Yet at the same time those pushing Brexit tell us to believe in the country and have faith things will be alright.

Brexit has gone beyond politics and has entered the realms of a belief system - blind faith.
The next prime minister was sat there tonight and quite frankly they do not have a clue how to sort this mess out or how it will end.

Please don’t reply with “leave means leave” - that is simplified , unhelpful rhetoric.
Life is far more complicated than some Hollywood style ending where we all run off into the sunset chanting “leave means leave”.

Cool story bro [emoji41]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watching a heap of prattling, attention-seeking egotists suggests Gove wasn't the only one with the coke habit.

Remember, the last Tory leadership contest ended up with May v Leadsome as the final two and we thought … " thank **** May won , that Leadsome is clueless ! "

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beyond depressing.

Brexit obsession is now a psychosis epidemic. The devastating effects of a psychological weapon - which is defining lives and making victims lose all perspective - is becoming clear.

Some need to step away from all coverage of it. Live like Brexit never existed - whatever happens in actuality - and reconnect with real life instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here