Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Boris supporters vote-lended to the no-hoper, Stewart, so that Raab could be eliminated. Stewart is great - I'd vote for him. But I have never voted tory. . . .

This has clearly happened - it totally undermines and exposes this process as undemocratic, highly manipulative and fraudulent. If such a process took place in any other country thr UK would be calling "foul" and muttering about the need for an independent investigation etc etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has clearly happened - it totally undermines and exposes this process as undemocratic, highly manipulative and fraudulent. If such a process took place in any other country thr UK would be calling "foul" and muttering about the need for an independent investigation etc etc.

Machiavellian, sure, but I'm not sure any rules were broken, to be fair. Tactical voting, innit. And not quite as absurd as when moderate labour folk 'lent' votes to Corbyn to get him on the ballot to give the impression of labour being a 'broad church' - that went well. At least the majority of tory MPs will get what they want in the end (all about 'winning'). Sadly, labour lost the art of winning when they allowed the scottish accountant to bully Mr Tony out of office.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Another 2 bite the dust today.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Most of the Hove Conservative Party members will be voting for Boris. Hopefully he’ll get Brexit sorted by the autumn & lead us into an election thereafter - & we can get a decent majority.

Here’s hoping!

You've got two hopes, but unfortunately Bob left town some years back :wink:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Rory Stewart is a class act and WAY too decent, honest and truthful for that ship of fools. His day will surely come :clap2:

No, no. That's why his day won't come...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yes of course they will , stop being bitter we're on course to leave the EU on the 31st of October
regards
DR

How about an REMF payable bet that we don't leave on October 31st ? Over to you.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
fgh.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Boris will presumably lend a load of votes to Hunt today to ensure he comes second and give him an easy win in the second round. The naked ambition of Boris (and by extension the ERG lot) is quite something
Would be very funny if he got the maths wrong - or got betrayed - and ended up lending too many.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I just heard on the radio, that no one knows how many children Johnson has and that he won't admit to how many he has.

I'm really not surprised, but this man who won't admit or doesn't know how many children has is going to be leader of Britain when I can't help but think an appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show would be far more suitable.

Makes you proud to be British Eh :nono:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Imam who asked Tory candidates about ‘consequences of words’ in regard to "Islamophobia" is suspended over ‘antisemitic’ tweets.

Abdullah Patel was removed from his duties as deputy head of Al-Ashraf Primary School in Gloucester after it emerged that he had previously said critics of Jeremy Corbyn were “on the Zionist’s payroll”.

He also suggested that the state of Israel should be moved to the USA, called Gaza “the modern day Auschwitz” and claimed that some women who are assaulted by men are partially to blame.
He claimed that if a man is alone in a room with a female, it is her fault if she is raped. This implies that if a female is caught alone on a bus, train, or by herself walking along the road, that this temptation is too great for a man, and that she is inviting a sexual encounter.

Do people showing concerns over what Islam really teaches make them Islamophobic?

And was the BBC trying to promote their own "Islamophobic" story line and demonising those who show concern?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just heard on the radio, that no one knows how many children Johnson has and that he won't admit to how many he has.

I'm really not surprised, but this man who won't admit or doesn't know how many children has is going to be leader of Britain when I can't help but think an appearance on the Jeremy Kyle show would be far more suitable.

Makes you proud to be British Eh :nono:

In fairness to Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg would probably face the same difficulty if asked as well - it must be very difficult to remember.

Eton College really does seem to produce some very strange people, but what consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own stately homes is none of my business.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Johnson 157
Gove 61
Hunt 59
Javid 34 - OUT

Surprised to see Hunt fall behind Gove.

Johnson v Gove head-to-head could get rather messy.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The three most detestable people left.

What a surprise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here