Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I look at Rory Stewart and read his works I come to understand Paul Weller's conflicting emotions about David Watts. He's someone who I should care little for yet somehow I can't get enough of him.
    One of the few Jam songs not sung by Paul Weller*... and he didn't write it either, it was a cover of a Ray Davies/Kinks song... but I get the idea

*It was Bruce Foxton who also featured on other classics including Smithers-Jones and News of the World.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      When I look at Rory Stewart and read his works I come to understand Paul Weller's conflicting emotions about David Watts. He's someone who I should care little for yet somehow I can't get enough of him.
      Surely you mean Ray Davies' conflicting emotions..?

0 Not allowed!
      Odd that, when I see Rory Stewart, I think of Billy Hunt

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      I would disagree, Johnson can get the deal through parliament because he'll bring the ERG along - it wont pass without them. They dislike Stewart - he couldn't get it passed. Stewart on the other hand would then pivot to a second referendum with little hesitancy, soooo..?
      I can see where you are coming from, but could the ERG really justify voting for any deal which still had the customs union (or backstop, or any other name for it) after 3 years of Vassal state rhetoric ?

*edit* Silly question, of course they could
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      There won't be a no deal scenario.

It will roll on until another solution is found.

A no deal might be okay for you but it won't be for millions of others here and elsewhere.
      It wouldn't be 'okay' for him, either. He's just too pig-headed to allow himself to understand why.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I can see where you are coming from, but could the ERG really justify voting for any deal which still had the customs union (or backstop, or any other name for it) ?
      I think so, they want to leave, i don't think they are *that* ideological, but they've stuck their necks out and need a face saver, Johnson being PM will do that. There will be inducements too - JRM, Priti Patel, Steve Baker, IDS could all be in cabinet, hell Boris could really **** with us and put Peter Bone in there too... as I've said before it's the image of the thing that matters imo... after all the backstop is just designed to be temporary, is in reality quite a concession from the EU, and they'll think that now they're in power they will be in position to influence the next stage of the withdrawal (as we've also been told many times, this is just the leaving bit, the future relationship is still to be determined).

So because they're getting the keys to the car, they won't block it leaving the garage

2 Not allowed!
      This whole pantomime of televised arguing is being put on solely to convince the public they have some sort of part in all this. A public they know are made of 52% gullible schlubs.
      And they say the EU is undemocratic. We don’t even get a say in who leads the country.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      There won't be a no deal scenario.

It will roll on until another solution is found.

A no deal might be okay for you but it won't be for millions of others here and elsewhere.
      He lives in his own little world

0 Not allowed!
      Lots of support for Rory Stewart on the phone in on 5Live this morning. He is starting to look like the only one who is a reasonable alternative to Boris.... But, will he make the last 2 that get put to the members vote or will he be engineered out of the race?
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      Lots of support for Rory Stewart on the phone in on 5Live this morning. He is starting to look like the only one who is a reasonable alternative to Boris.... But, will he make the last 2 that get put to the members vote or will he be engineered out of the race?
      Today's a big day for him. If he survives and Javid goes, he should be able to pick up Javids support and get in front of Hunt. But surviving today will be tough because he won't get any of Raabs vote - it's they're a minimum vote threshold or just last place kicked out?