Page 14 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=WATFORD zero;8959699]I believe he has said that he wouldn't serve in a Johnson cabinet, and if he reversed that and decided to, I think he would be compromising the very things that people like about him.

I don't think he will and if Johnson wins, as seems likely, I think he will watch the whole clusterf*** play out from a distance. I notice Johnson had already moved last night from a 'no deal' Brexit, to 'the threat of a no deal' Brexit as predicted.

I think it was you that posted earlier that, once in, Johnson's only plausible solution will be to re-brand TM's deal. I wonder what our resident 'no deal' supporters on here will make of that.[/QUOTE

Johnson is a bit like Corbyn then.
    Promises all things to all people and delivers very little.
    Apparently he was promising various Conservative MPs No deal and Deal before the latest poll depending on what they wanted to hear.
    My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No Deal no problem , we move on

regards
      DR
      Bless,

Because Johnson will DEFINITELY deliver 'no deal' won't he

0 Not allowed!

regards
      DR
      Been said many times before. But NOBODY, including you, has ever said how it will work.
      Just "it will be fine"
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I believe he has said that he wouldn't serve in a Johnson cabinet, and if he reversed that and decided to, I think he would be compromising the very things that people like about him.

I don't think he will and if Johnson wins, as seems likely, I think he will watch the whole clusterf*** play out from a distance. I notice Johnson had already moved last night from a 'no deal' Brexit, to 'the threat of a no deal' Brexit as predicted.

I think it was you that posted earlier that, once in, Johnson's only plausible solution will be to re-brand TM's deal. I wonder what our resident 'no deal' supporters on here will make of that.
      Johnson is a bit like Corbyn then.
      Promises all things to all people and delivers very little.
      Apparently he was promising various Conservative MPs No deal and Deal before the latest poll depending on what they wanted to hear.
      If he was, then that's news to me as I've never heard him support 'no deal'. Maybe you could give us a link to where you got this information ?

(And I don't want Stewart to get in, as I believe he is the only one with a reasonable plan for Brexit and could get it to happen. I'm an ardent remainer, so I'm backing Johnson as I think that is most likely to stop Brexit completely)

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      Been said many times before. But NOBODY, including you, has ever said how it will work.
      Just "it will be fine"
      I think you may have more luck getting your dog to explain Einstein's law of photochemical equivalence

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
      Check his voting record before being tempted across that rubicon. As a human being he seems fine. Likeable and thoughtful. And of course he shines when seen in the context of the human dung heap that is the current conservative party 'leadership'. As a politician though, his instincts really don't look great.
      Well, i don't know if that's his own opinions or just towing the party line while he rose to prominence, i guess I'd just like to find out. What hes done inside the ministries of the environment and foreign affairs is promising, and he's achieved substantial cross party support for his initiatives that would have been less likely if he was a rebel i suppose.

He's still a tory - but one I'll watch with interest
      ESU Zimmer Crew

0 Not allowed!

regards
      DR
      There won't be a no deal scenario.

It will roll on until another solution is found.

A no deal might be okay for you but it won't be for millions of others here and elsewhere.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
      ESU Zimmer Crew

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Stewart is interesting. As someone who has never voted Tory, he is finally someone I could see myself crossing the rubicon for. Maybe it's generational, as he's just a year older than me. Maybe he represents what the conservatives will become - i hope so - or maybe he just doesn't really belong there, he's an internationalist who has worked in a non military capacity in indonesia, iraq, Afganistan, a former professor of human rights at harvard, a Labour supporter at uni. I can see him in the same party as chukka umunna. A centrist who talks about working with the opposition (in contrast to Gove who called the leader of the opposition "a failed marxist who should be thrown back in the dustbin where he belongs" live on bbc 1 - jeez).

Anyway I liked him. They'll never vote for him now g but he could be unstoppable in the future... Will be very interesting to see if Boris puts him in his cabinet
      When I look at Rory Stewart and read his works I come to understand Paul Weller's conflicting emotions about David Watts. He's someone who I should care little for yet somehow I can't get enough of him.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      Was that when we took Bejams....?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      If he was, then that's news to me as I've never heard him support 'no deal'. Maybe you could give us a link to where you got this information ?

(And I don't want Stewart to get in, as I believe he is the only one with a reasonable plan for Brexit and could get it to happen. I'm an ardent remainer, so I'm backing Johnson as I think that is most likely to stop Brexit completely)
      I would disagree, Johnson can get the deal through parliament because he'll bring the ERG along - it wont pass without them. They dislike Stewart - he couldn't get it passed. Stewart on the other hand would then pivot to a second referendum with little hesitancy, soooo..?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      You were in Tesco the other day looking equally as slimy... Got any work yet?
      Typical Tory looking down your nose at Tesco workers.