0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rory looks like a ventriloquists dummy
    He is Wallace from Wallace and Gromitt

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Realise this was written for the C4 debate, not the BBC one but it rings so true. We are screwed with any of these at the helm. Corbyn's rating on the 'who would you prefer as the next Prime Minister' scale must have gone through the roof.

Name:  20190618_231450.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  451.0 KB
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      He is Wallace from Wallace and Gromitt
      He may do, and it’s incredible how many people in this country don’t like him because of the way he looks. I’ve been impressed by what he’s had to say since gaining a higher profile. Definitely better than the other four. Will he get a chance? No, in no small part because of the way he looks and the number of idiots who weight that more heavily than what he’s actually saying. We get the politicians we deserve as the old cliche goes and is it any wonder when people’s decision making is so vain.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      Realise this was written for the C4 debate, not the BBC one but it rings so true. We are screwed with any of these at the helm. Corbyn's rating on the 'who would you prefer as the next Prime Minister' scale must have gone through the roof.

Name:  20190618_231450.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  451.0 KB
      This is great. What's it from? That that was printed in a newspaper(i assume), even in jest, just shows how low we've sunk. Funny though.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This is great. What's it from? That that was printed in a newspaper(i assume), even in jest, just shows how low we've sunk. Funny though.
      The Guardian 'Guide'
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      The Guardian 'Guide'
      .............................. ..and some people still think the Guardian is impartial and even handed!
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      To give Boris credit over his tax cuts (bear with me) he has obviously listened to some bonkers advice from his expensive advisers that targets "higher than average" earners (but not the super-rich) who possibly still vote Labour.

I suspect he looked at some Power Point (sorry "deck") that calculated the mean salary of a target urban yoghurt knitting urban elite.

You know, the ones who buy an extra can of free trade beans and deposit them in the food bank collection bins in Waitrose. Now they can buy an extra can of beans. Basically a trickle down of virgin olive oil effect.

From personal experience a nightmare buying decision by the way, because users of food banks may like saffron too.

To not give Boris credit (he is a moron) the entire thing has backfired and he is back peddling as fast as he can.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 19-06-2019 at 00:27.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      .............................. ..and some people still think the Guardian is impartial and even handed!
      It's pretty even handed - it hates Corbyn and the Tories in equal measures
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

1 Not allowed!
      Why would they be? In the UK, newspapers don't pretend to be 'impartial and even-handed' very much, do they?

Never have, not since the days of Rothermere, Northcliffe and Beaverbrook, anyways.
      I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first.

(Arrigo Sacchi, Italian national coach; coach, AC Milan, x2.etc. Never played a day professionally)

3 Not allowed!
      Who the hell thinks that? I read The Guardian but I'm not claiming it's anything like balanced. I expect most readers think the same. If I wanted right of centre I'd go for the Telegraph, Mail, Express, Sun or Times. Doesn't seem too much to ask to have one good solid paper for the tree hugger bleeding heart do gooder commie sector.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.