Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Boris is a shoo-in with this selectorate. And he really is a buffoon that will drives us towards the edge with a naive #MBGA style approach which everyone can support with minimal effort because it requires zero thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazed they bothered with that sh1t show on ITV tonight, half the dinosaurs have already voted.

Quote of the night from our idiot in waiting...

“Vanishingly inexpensive if we prepare for no deal Brexit"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The Live debate on ITV, complete waffle, ffs.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Surely people can see through all this fake bullocks, a 5 year old can tell they've been learning lines all week

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never thought I would be living in dear hope that Jeremy Hunt would be the next First Minister. Still needs must.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely people can see through all this fake bullocks, a 5 year old can tell they've been learning lines all week

same as all TV debates, they add little value.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Boris came across terribly but the audience lapping it up, people are ****ing strange

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lmfao......the remainers all over this board tonight are bricking it!

Total opposite.
I have never been more confident that Brexit will stall, not saying we won't leave, sometime or other, but a very slim chance of Halloween.
Firstly they were both lying and just said what people wanted to hear.
Both will bottle no deal, they both know it's a disaster for this country.
EU will not renegotiate on the deal and if they do with either of them it will be minimal and it's already failed 3 times.
Neither had a concrete plan regarding the backstop, still going on about technology that doesn't exist, the EU have even been searching for it for years and still not found it.
For both it was only about getting into number 10 then giving us all the finger and until Labour sort themselves out whoever wins will go on to be the democratically elected PM, even after the Brexit mess.
Or maybe even Farage, I would not put it past the public to even do that.
Johnson behaved like a spoilt kid as usual and Hunt is a quiet assassin.
Both are hopeless.
We are in a mess of biblical proportions.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Boris will Get in.

We will leave the EU.

We will become the 51st State.

Now that's what I call "Taking back control".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lmfao......the remainers all over this board tonight are bricking it!

Worried about others, but not bricking it.

Demographically remainers are those most unlikely to unaffected by your low regulation, low tax, small state revolution. Quite the opposite.

Let's face it - you gave up believing your life will get better months ago and now are clinging on simply pissing others off.

That's bitter for you.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Total opposite.
I have never been more confident that Brexit will stall, not saying we won't leave, sometime or other, but a very slim chance of Halloween.
EU will not renegotiate on the deal and if they do with either of them it will be minimal and it's already failed 3 times.
Neither had a concrete plan regarding the backstop, still going on about technology that doesn't exist, the EU have even been searching for it for years and still not found it.
For both it was only about getting into number 10 then giving us all the finger and until Labour sort themselves out whoever wins will go on to be the democratically elected PM, even after the Brexit mess.
Both are hopeless.

I suspect the Tories will simply jettison Northern Ireland then call a general election. Keeping Northern Ireland effectively in the EU will only take a few phone calls.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Boris reminded me much of Lieutenant George (Blackadder - Corporal Punishment) playing the mindless optimism card.

Thought Boris did well with his scripted statements. Thought he was awful in the debate itself; he evaded all of the relevant questions.

But the pair of them behaved like 6 year olds having a falling out at playtime. Pathetic........and somewhat worrying.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
it's a concern when you're sincerely hoping that JEREMY HUNT becomes our next prime minister

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Total opposite.
Both are hopeless.

Agree with this. Except I am not sure Boris would bottle no deal. I think he reckons he can shift blame to the EU when it all goes tits up.

But still cannot see either of them making it happen. I am not a hard remainer (would be Ok with soft brexit) but it's increasingly clear that there is very little chance of brexit taking place on the 31st Oct.

The 'plan A' of both candidates rely on the EU making a significant concession on the position they have stuck firmly to previously. Possible, but most commentators who know what they are talking about seem to think highly unlikely.

Plan B for boris seems to be hard Brexit. That relies on a number of his own MPs chickening out at the last moment and allowing it to happen rather than risk a GE. Again, possible but current signals are that is still highly unlikely. Last night's vote lengthens the odds.

Plan B for Jeremy seems to be...further delay. So no exit on 31st oct. But since he won't win anyway, it's largely moot

So plan A and plan B are long shots.

And Plan C doesn't exist.

So...how?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with this. Except I am not sure Boris would bottle no deal. I think he reckons he can shift blame to the EU when it all goes tits up.

But still cannot see either of them making it happen. I am not a hard remainer (would be Ok with soft brexit) but it's increasingly clear that there is very little chance of brexit taking place on the 31st Oct.

The 'plan A' of both candidates rely on the EU making a significant concession on the position they have stuck firmly to previously. Possible, but most commentators who know what they are talking about seem to think highly unlikely.

Plan B for boris seems to be hard Brexit. That relies on a number of his own MPs chickening out at the last moment and allowing it to happen rather than risk a GE. Again, possible but current signals are that is still highly unlikely. Last night's vote lengthens the odds.

Plan B for Jeremy seems to be...further delay. So no exit on 31st oct. But since he won't win anyway, it's largely moot

So plan A and plan B are long shots.

And Plan C doesn't exist.

So...how?

[tweet]1148867366022995970[/tweet]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I watched the first half, made up my mind, and switched off.

It felt like every question was answered in the following way

Boris "It will all be fine!!! (crowd applause), We are BRILLIANT (crowd applause), I don't want to even consider a negative option (crowd applause)

Jezza: "Of course I want to do X and Y but I am also a realist (silence). I don't want to lie and say everything will be done by a certain time if I can't guarantee it (silence). It would be wrong for me to lie to you (silence).

Seems Boris had the Happy Clappers on side. I'm not pro either candidate, but I was STAGGERED that the audience seemed to be falling for Boris' clear attempts to basically gain applause by random positive remarks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here