Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Really. Name one that isn’t

Nobby, how far back in history do you want me to go and do you want me to name people who are not in the public eye?
Actually, don't bother to reply. You seem to have a preconceived idea and are able to judge the characters of people you have never even heard of.
What a wonderful gift!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just listening to a horrendous phone-in on R5 Live. If only I had a quid for every Brexiteer who makes claims on behalf of 'the British people' ………………….

The fact is 3 out of 4 Brits don't have a no deal Brexit as their first choice outcome.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s got to the point where Liam Fox is the one talking sense on GATT 24.

Even Mogg seems to have given up on this one. But like the £350m lie Boris is trying to flog this one as well.

Put on a posh Etonian accent, act with confidence and hope the plebs buy it

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

John Herschel
Percy Shelley
(Captain) Lawrence Oates
John Maynard Keynes
Aldous Huxley
Brian Johnston
Michael Bentine
(Lt Col) H Jones VC
Hugh Laurie
Henry Blofeld

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes

Top lad, although I get the feeling he's subconsciously always running away from something.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can some someone explain to my why Boris bottled standing as leader against May, but now feels he's the blob for the job?

It was put about that the media had a big file of dirt on the Great Confabulator, so he decided he was unelectable.

But that can't be right - he'd fear the same thing now surely? Time doesn't make it easier to airbrush career halting foibles, does it?

And if he merely feels better able to brazen things out now, what has changed?

One explanation, I guess, was a few years ago he was still 'happily married' and secretly hanging out of the back of someone but, now he has 'moved on', presumably having mollified Marina, he is less vulnerable to her revelations in a 'hiss and tell' interview. A fear she might shaft him may have been the telling factor last time.

Either way, what an absolute chancer. I was listening to his 'hobby' interview this morning. If he were a contenstant on 'would I lie to you', his team mate Lee Mack would be cringing, and David Mitchell would be having a field day.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As I said on @itvnews, the leader of an opposition party is seriously thinking about trying to organise a no-confidence vote immediately before summer recess rather than after. “If it @BorisJohnson we have to put down a marker

Via twitter - Peston

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can some someone explain to my why Boris bottled standing as leader against May, but now feels he's the blob for the job?

Because in 2016 all the Brexiters basically ran away because they wanted to come back later and shout betrayal when their unicorns turned out to be donkeys with cornettos stuck on their heads.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It was put about that the media had a big file of dirt on the Great Confabulator, so he decided he was unelectable.

But that can't be right - he'd fear the same thing now surely? Time doesn't make it easier to airbrush career halting foibles, does it?

And if he merely feels better able to brazen things out now, what has changed?

One explanation, I guess, was a few years ago he was still 'happily married' and secretly hanging out of the back of someone but, now he has 'moved on', presumably having mollified Marina, he is less vulnerable to her revelations in a 'hiss and tell' interview. A fear she might shaft him may have been the telling factor last time.

Either way, what an absolute chancer. I was listening to his 'hobby' interview this morning. If he were a contenstant on 'would I lie to you', his team mate Lee Mack would be cringing, and David Mitchell would be having a field day.

Wasn't it because Gove famously "knifed" him, which is why Boris was so keen to do the same to Gove this time around?

Gove was supporting Boris last time around, and then decided to go for it himself. Whether there is more to it than that I don't know. Skeletons in cupboards and so on?

But this time he has the reassurance of being the hot favourite from day one. But if anyone can mess it up from that strong a starting position, he might. There was something on Facebook this morning from the Financial Times, speaking contemptuously and dismissively about what he is proposing to do.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

didnt have the votes among MPs back then. once Gove bailed and looked like he'd run himself it would split their vote, Boris lacked credibility to run on his own. the question is why MPs changed their mind since, because he hasn't dont anything to improve this area.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Where have the Boris fan club gone on here ? They haven't been seen for days......

:shrug:

I guess they're booking into evening classes on "Modelling in Bolsa Wood" so they can mirroor their great leaders alleged hobby of er........designing......er .... no making.....er buses.....er out of boxes.....er .....you know.....from er......er.......er....wine crates.....you know....with that er..........divider thingy down the middle.......and I er.......yes, I er........paint faces oof people......in the er......bus.......er.....happy people......er because.......they love ....er er er buses.

WHAAAAAAT????

--qwS6z5_Q9LY09S.jpeg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Where have the Boris fan club gone on here ? They haven't been seen for days......

:shrug:

Possibly it's dawned on them, to borrow Monty Python parlance, that he's not the messiah, he's a contender for upper class twit of the year and thought by many to be this years outstanding twit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here