Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sheer desperation in Remainer posts now.It must be finally getting through their immensely thick skins,and even thicker heads,we are Leaving.How long before they finally grasp reality?

Fair enough TP

When will we leave?

And how will it be done?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sheer desperation in Remainer posts now.It must be finally getting through their immensely thick skins,and even thicker heads,we are Leaving.How long before they finally grasp reality?

That's ok posting this but what will your response be when Boris cannot deliver Brexit and he is forced to call a general election. He is promising to get an improved deal from Europe even though he knows Europe will not budge on their stance. Come judgement day and we are out of Europe without a deal he will have face a House of Commons and Public baying for his head. Why does he not say we will leave Europe without a deal NOW?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He'll survive that too.

His Premiership is going to last about three and a half seconds. Imagine him at a tough PMQs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well put but I wouldn't dare be as rude as you :bowdown: then it really will hit the fan when a general election is called and it is a choice between Bojo and Jezza.

The one good thing about these two fcking idiots running their parties is that there is scope for real change in UK politics. I'm not sure it would take a huge leap of faith for voters to abandon the pair of them in droves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's ok posting this but what will your response be when Boris cannot deliver Brexit and he is forced to call a general election. He is promising to get an improved deal from Europe even though he knows Europe will not budge on their stance. Come judgement day and we are out of Europe without a deal he will have face a House of Commons and Public baying for his head. Why does he not say we will leave Europe without a deal NOW?

There is no negotiating team in Brussels. It was disbanded, so who is the next prime minister (whether Johnson or Hunt) going to get an improved deal with?
The new positions in the European Parliament are sorted out by November 1st.

At least 12 Tory MPs will defect if they try to go No Deal.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think assuming that the rebels will bottle it will be a big mistake. There are some who have been deselected (or are about to be) - Grieve, Lee, Gyimah, Gauke - who have nothing to lose. There is also Ken Clarke who has constantly voted against the government on Europe and not suffered any consequences. And then there are Hammond and Stewart who are about to lose cabinet positions but are probably safe from deselection and defeat - they've made noises about voting 'no deal' down.

Remember, it doesn't take many to defeat the government

I think you are right. I hope you are right. But I no longer take anything for granted.
So far they have consistently backed down when faced with the reality that the Conservatives would likely get hammered in a General Election.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Our future prime minister as decided by about 100k Wellslowwilly lookalikes

Let's hope the public digest this and reflect on what an absurd candidate has been made favourite to be Prime minister of our Country, voted in by politicians who are detached from the real world as can be imagined.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Fair enough TP

When will we leave?

And how will it be done?

TP looks like a ****wit again. Shock news, haha, he is an idiot. What desperation? Laughing at the cluster**** that is the PM candidate?
Pretty hilarious actually, especially, when many Brexiteers, voted on the basis of giving it to the 'political elite' and now, out of true desperation, are supporting an Eton educated Tory career politician, and wankers like TP (is there a more inappropriate name on NSC) think he is a good candidate for the countries future. Laughable.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So he doesn't have his hair cut by 'some Turkish chap' anymore it's now done by either 'a very nice person called Kelly or possibly Tomara'.

:facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
TP looks like a ****wit again. Shock news, haha, he is an idiot. What desperation? Laughing at the cluster**** that is the PM candidate?
Pretty hilarious actually, especially, when many Brexiteers, voted on the basis of giving it to the 'political elite' and now, out of true desperation, are supporting an Eton educated Tory career politician, and wankers like TP (is there a more inappropriate name on NSC) think he is a good candidate for the countries future. Laughable.

Yeah....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's ok posting this but what will your response be when Boris cannot deliver Brexit and he is forced to call a general election.

He'll explode with rage.

Well, fingers crossed anyway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1143453481002524674[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here