Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Labour as in a big a mess right now until they get an electable leader. A total mish-mash govt. beckons right now; Libs, Greens and The Brexit Gang all included.
I agree the political landscape has never been in such a mess. I mean, come on, Boris elected Prime minister by a selected privileged few. Wow we are in for one he'll of a ride from now on.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Possibly Labour supporters as they know that Boris will slaughter Corbyn in PMQT. and he may feel that he will fare better against Hunt.

Boris is very much untested in a debating scenario. From those who have worked with him (and expressed an opinion), they have universally stated he is terrible at preparation and detail and not that great under pressure either.

The Prime Minister (and Home Office) had to take over the liaising with foreign Governments after the Salisbury poisoning, because he wasn't up to it as Foreign Minister.

Tory MPs are voting for Boris for a number of reasons, but if they think he will be better than Hunt at PMQT they need their heads testing.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Post #606

Fake news - This is what really happened.

BJ_believable.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anybody suggested it was?

You just go back to your corner sucking up all the lies from your self-interested, Etonion overlords, like the dribbling simpleton that you are.

Come on, be fair. Is it not reassuring to see a member of the working classes/unemployed who knows his place?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The '3' are two different neighbours, and a passer by in the street. The noise was so loud, it was recorded on a phone. Unless they hired someone who is an impersonator, how do you explain Boris's voice?

By the way who is saying this?

Possibly Labour supporters as they know that Boris will slaughter Corbyn in PMQT. and he may feel that he will fare better against Hunt.

I'm even more confused now.

So, we've put to bed the theory that it was all made up to discredit Johnson, given that there is a sound recording of his partner screaming 'get off me' whilst Johnson shouts abuse at her?

We've established that there were three independent witnesses each of whom called the police out of fear for the woman's safety?

Just in case I have misunderstood, is your explanation for all that REALLY that 'Labour supporters' were sat waiting, day and night (including in the street outside the flats) just in case there was a domestic incident they could report, for political gain?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The same 'Cleggy' who now works for Facebook? Ok.

Surely he's in the perfect place to find out the truth,and such an impeccable Lib Dem person must be telling the truth?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So three different calls were made to the police?That must be why they sent 3 vehicles then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you having a laugh.? Corbyn must relish the chance to go head to head with Boris

You think Boris will turn up? My guess is he'll pass the job to a deputy most days, except when he has something up his sleeve to disclose that only he and his cabal know about. And in any case, there is very little from the opposition leader that can't be rebutted with indignant bluster, or shamefaced lies delivered with a smirk, followed by a cheap joke at the old boy's expense (about his tramp-like beard and lower middle class suit, no doubt). The Sun, Mail and Times will love it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm even more confused now.

So, we've put to bed the theory that it was all made up to discredit Johnson, given that there is a sound recording of his partner screaming 'get off me' whilst Johnson shouts abuse at her?

We've established that there were three independent witnesses each of whom called the police out of fear for the woman's safety?

Just in case I have misunderstood, is your explanation for all that REALLY that 'Labour supporters' were sat waiting, day and night (including in the street outside the flats) just in case there was a domestic incident they could report, for political gain?

they could have hatched out the plot and been summoned to the next door neighbours house when they knew he was in there then 1 left and walked down the road as if a passer by. It is strange that they recorded the shouting, I dont think many would have certainty not me or any of my family the only recordings we have is pre empted. and done deliberately..

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Boris is very much untested in a debating scenario. From those who have worked with him (and expressed an opinion), they have universally stated he is terrible at preparation and detail and not that great under pressure either.

The Prime Minister (and Home Office) had to take over the liaising with foreign Governments after the Salisbury poisoning, because he wasn't up to it as Foreign Minister.

Tory MPs are voting for Boris for a number of reasons, but if they think he will be better than Hunt at PMQT they need their heads testing.

The problem is details, preparation and truth aren't important anymore.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What utter tripe. All the indications are that Johnson will fare poorly against almost anyone in a debate. He is brash and loud but bereft of facts and plans. Some people seem to think being loud is a good thing. It is if you have an argument to put forward but if all you ever do is shout and use long words then the subsequent analysis will tear him to shreds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
they could have hatched out the plot and been summoned to the next door neighbours house when they knew he was in there then 1 left and walked down the road as if a passer by. It is strange that they recorded the shouting, I dont think many would have certainty not me or any of my family the only recordings we have is pre empted. and done deliberately..
Yeah that definitely happened. :rolleyes:

Sake. We really do get the government we deserve. Some people really do only believe what they want to believe.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You need to get out more!!!!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You think Boris will turn up? My guess is he'll pass the job to a deputy most days, except when he has something up his sleeve to disclose that only he and his cabal know about. And in any case, there is very little from the opposition leader that can't be rebutted with indignant bluster, or shamefaced lies delivered with a smirk, followed by a cheap joke at the old boy's expense (about his tramp-like beard and lower middle class suit, no doubt). The Sun, Mail and Times will love it.

As PM he'll be able to structure PMQs as he wants. Not so long ago it was 2 half-hour sessions on (I think) Tues and Thurs. Who's to say he doesn't decide to do it all by email or What's App? He could then get The Speaker to read out the Q&As instead of having to appear in the House. Unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past him trying it on.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

If it didn't happen at all - then Boris would not have missed the opportunity to say so himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here