Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Tudor Baluta

4 Not allowed!
    He looks like he has enormous potential, and he played very well yesterday. I know people are keen to be excited over a young prospect, and I am certainly looking forward to seeing how he progresses, but I worry people’s expectations are too high. Realistically, this is the first time people have ever seen him play, and suddenly people are convinced he is capable of playing regularly at PL level. He looked great against Croatia U21, but the game was extremely open and frantic, he will inevitably have to face harsher tests if he wants to succeed with us.

He’s got lots of desirable traits you want in a DM, his long passing is exciting and emulates the Stephens long pass/diagonal switch. He is tall, athletic, and tackles well. He is undoubtedly a great prospect - he may be ready for first team football now and we could have a star on our hands. But statements that he ‘HAS to be in our squad next year’ are jumping the gun slightly, he has not played to a particularly high level as of yet. Let’s keep watching him at U21 level, see how preseason unfolds, and then we can formulate a more accurate judgment.
    Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
    "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are there highlights anywhere for those of us who don't have Sky?
      The goals are here.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7bi0i2

Amusing Romanian commentary here

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Well, he's going to have to be good because he looks like the only addition we're making.

Can he play left back?
      You're going all in on 'monumental screw up'.
      I admire your confidence in a lack of confidence of the club, it could pay massive dividends but by Jimminy you're never going to be allowed to forget this closed season, if Mr Tony gets his way
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Tactician View Post
      He looks like he has enormous potential, and he played very well yesterday. I know people are keen to be excited over a young prospect, and I am certainly looking forward to seeing how he progresses, but I worry people’s expectations are too high. Realistically, this is the first time people have ever seen him play, and suddenly people are convinced he is capable of playing regularly at PL level. He looked great against Croatia U21, but the game was extremely open and frantic, he will inevitably have to face harsher tests if he wants to succeed with us.

He’s got lots of desirable traits you want in a DM, his long passing is exciting and emulates the Stephens long pass/diagonal switch. He is tall, athletic, and tackles well. He is undoubtedly a great prospect - he may be ready for first team football now and we could have a star on our hands. But statements that he ‘HAS to be in our squad next year’ are jumping the gun slightly, he has not played to a particularly high level as of yet. Let’s keep watching him at U21 level, see how preseason unfolds, and then we can formulate a more accurate judgment.
      Agreed. And he'll have a great teacher in Stephens, but he has already played at a higher level than Dale, and looks the real deal, so it's not hard to see why everyone is so excited. As i said earlier on the thread- let's see how looks against Foden and Maddison, but the kid clearly has huge potential. Hoping we take a punt on a few of the others (GK looks great but has had a big big Serie A move).
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy Quim View Post
      Watching him now in the Euro U21 championships and he is really looking very good

Already played 3 very impressive passes that have gone behind the Croatian defence including one that was in the same movement as a wonderful sliding tackle...exciting
      He needs a season in the Championship ideally.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Tactician View Post

Bor-ing. I've already got my Baluta tattoo and renamed all my kids Tudor.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      In the Commentry it was mentioned, Bestiktas and Galatasary were both recommended him, but we SWOOPED in first.

0 Not allowed!
      Băluță not Baluta
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
      Băluță not Baluta
      Indeed.

"Buh-lutts-uh"

Some of the chant suggestions might need a rethink!
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
      Băluță not Baluta
      şȱɼȑɏ