Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tudor Baluta

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not surprised when the managers a tactical neanderthal,was amazed when he was appointed.

To be fair on him, England dominated midfield and possession overall. There’s not much a coach can do when his forwards miss loads of opportunities and his defence gift possession to such good forwards in dangerous areas.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m not really interested in entering the debate re whether Tudor is ready or not, one brilliant game, one seemingly average... yet he played in a team that won (no matter how) 4-2 against our so called next best hope(s) for world dominance. Ultimately, i’d say he remains an intriguing and exciting prospect.

What beggars my belief, is this idea that he’s a million miles away from being ready to dislodge our current group of (let’s face it) ‘world class’ midfielders. A department where we were so agonisingly woeful last season, with Dale Stephen’s (at times) lumbering around akin to a hungover Sunday league player with a grudge against the beautiful game. For me it’s DS and the rest who need to prove way more to the new management team than this exciting young alternative. He (DS) looked finished last season; podgy, cumbersome, unfit, and he was, at times, a shadow of the player from our first PL season... indeed our biggest and most stark regression. He needs to shape up and fast, or he’ll lose his place to a Tudor type... and quite rightly so.

I look forward to Dale proving he’s back, and fit... proving he’s our best midfielder... yet unfortunately, I think, that is no longer the case. GP will, i’m sure, see who can offer most, yet based on last season DS’ prospects (in particular) are not looking too hot.

Overall the rise of any young player can only be a good thing, so let’s embrace the slight possibility that we may have a better player than DS on our hands... you never know, stranger things have happened.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yes, but something doesn't add up.

Either :

1 - The club spun a story about having Mac Allister in the first team squad, knowing it wasn't going to happen. This is the deja vu.

2 - The argus reported it incorrectly ! If so are they correct this time ?

3 - Mac Allister actually didn't apply for his passport when he had agreed to with the club, and the first the club heard of this was after saying he might be in the 1st team squad. Very disappointing if this is the case.

4 - He actually has his paperwork in order. More smoke and mirrors, then.

I think the Argus story was written with a fair amount of, shall we say, 'journalistic license'

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would say keep Tudor here... we only have one DCM, the ever-popular Dale, and I believe Tudor could offer him real competition for his place...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Dropped to the bench for Romania’s final group game against France. Perhaps not a shoe-in for our starting XI just yet after all...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
...Or he's being rested given that Romania have already qualified for the knockout rounds...

Hagi and Puscas both start though...he didn’t overly impress in the last game. He could be carrying a knock, could be tactical, who knows, just a bit of surprise he’s been omitted.

EDIT: They’re not technically qualified either. A loss against France by 3 or more goals would leave them second, with Italy going through as the highest ranked 2nd placed team.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’m not really interested in entering the debate re whether Tudor is ready or not, one brilliant game, one seemingly average... yet he played in a team that won (no matter how) 4-2 against our so called next best hope(s) for world dominance. Ultimately, i’d say he remains an intriguing and exciting prospect.

What beggars my belief, is this idea that he’s a million miles away from being ready to dislodge our current group of (let’s face it) ‘world class’ midfielders. A department where we were so agonisingly woeful last season, with Dale Stephen’s (at times) lumbering around akin to a hungover Sunday league player with a grudge against the beautiful game. For me it’s DS and the rest who need to prove way more to the new management team than this exciting young alternative. He (DS) looked finished last season; podgy, cumbersome, unfit, and he was, at times, a shadow of the player from our first PL season... indeed our biggest and most stark regression. He needs to shape up and fast, or he’ll lose his place to a Tudor type... and quite rightly so.

I look forward to Dale proving he’s back, and fit... proving he’s our best midfielder... yet unfortunately, I think, that is no longer the case. GP will, i’m sure, see who can offer most, yet based on last season DS’ prospects (in particular) are not looking too hot.

Overall the rise of any young player can only be a good thing, so let’s embrace the slight possibility that we may have a better player than DS on our hands... you never know, stranger things have happened.

Dale is much better Prem DM than Tudor based on physique, experience, ability etc. But Tudor is a young lad with huge promise and clearly a raw talent. I'd like to see him around the first team to learn the art of Prem League and, indeed, how to close down. He doesn't look ready yet.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Hagi and Puscas both start though...he didn’t overly impress in the last game. He could be carrying a knock, could be tactical, who knows, just a bit of surprise he’s been omitted.

EDIT: They’re not technically qualified either. A loss against France by 3 or more goals would leave them second, with Italy going through as the highest ranked 2nd placed team.

The manager said they took a gamble by not starting him as he was on a booking. Makes sense as they are clearly going all out to win the competition.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I watched all the game the other day. I thought he looked ok without standing out. He's very good in the tackle, personally I didn't think his booking was a foul as he won the ball but that's modern football. His positioning is very good also, although he did look all over the place when Foden came on but I'm going to let him off for that - getting pulled around the pitch by Madison and Foden is to be expected.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I watched all the game the other day. I thought he looked ok without standing out. He's very good in the tackle, personally I didn't think his booking was a foul as he won the ball but that's modern football. His positioning is very good also, although he did look all over the place when Foden came on but I'm going to let him off for that - getting pulled around the pitch by Madison and Foden is to be expected.

My reading of his performance too. Was completely isolated when Foden started to operate (in the old days he’d have been told to man mark Foden). The bloke can ping a pass too.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Dale is much better Prem DM than Tudor based on physique, experience, ability etc. But Tudor is a young lad with huge promise and clearly a raw talent. I'd like to see him around the first team to learn the art of Prem League and, indeed, how to close down. He doesn't look ready yet.

I don't disagree with that - yet I do think Dale is lucky on some fronts that he could hide behind the perception that CH was primarily to blame for our shocking end to the season. Two season's back your assessment of Stephen's would be spot on, yet I was shocked by some of his displays last time around. I was at Newcastle away, and Dale was truly awful that day - I suspected, at the time, he was carrying an injury but I think he may have taken (possibly) his eye off his fitness levels... Experience is important, no doubt, but form too and as for the DS physique - bulking him up was a major error on behalf of CH, he lost yards and his clever movement was restricted. He needs to be slimmer and quicker, otherwise as I say, he will deservedly lose his place irrespective of previous (superb) service. As for Baluta, sure - he's probably not ready yet, but it is fair to suggest he COULD be - and that's all I'm saying.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We're relying on this kid, a league one centre half and yet another recruit from a shite continental league to save us, huh.
Groovy.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We're relying on this kid, a league one centre half and yet another recruit from a shite continental league to save us, huh.
Groovy.
anigif_enhanced-16363-1421814857-6.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
having an U21 exposed to regular first team action is a good thing, and if he starts to get some game time I'll be over the moon for him and for the club. We need a mentality that allows young players to progress

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here