Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tudor Baluta

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
"Romanian football powerbroker Gica Popescu claims Tudor Baluta will never play for Albion after impressing at the Euro Under-21 finals.

Baluta, signed for £2.7million from Viitorul Constanța in January and loaned back to the club, was a star for the Romanian side that reached the semi-final stage in Italy. The midfielder, who has been capped at senior level by Romania, scored in his side's 4-1 group stage demolition of Croatia and shone in a holding role. But Popescu, who claims he recommended Baluta to his former club Barcelona before Brighton snapped him up, reckons the 20-year-old may not even ever play for the Seagulls now that some of the biggest clubs in the world have noticed his talent. "I told many friends that Tudor Baluţa will not get to play in Brighton," Popescu told Digi Sport at the Football Club show. He also said he was sure that there are clubs bigger than Brighton now ready to offer more than 3million euros for him. Baluta reportedly received 80,000 euros when he signed for Brighton, and will earn 10,000 euros per week. Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali has also admitted he regrets that he missed the transfer of the midfielder after seeing his displays at the European Under-21 Championships. "I regret I did not take Baluta - he will be the best player, will be worth 200 million euros," Becali told Digi Sport"

Bit much.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
"Romanian football powerbroker Gica Popescu claims Tudor Baluta will never play for Albion after impressing at the Euro Under-21 finals.

Baluta, signed for £2.7million from Viitorul Constanța in January and loaned back to the club, was a star for the Romanian side that reached the semi-final stage in Italy. The midfielder, who has been capped at senior level by Romania, scored in his side's 4-1 group stage demolition of Croatia and shone in a holding role. But Popescu, who claims he recommended Baluta to his former club Barcelona before Brighton snapped him up, reckons the 20-year-old may not even ever play for the Seagulls now that some of the biggest clubs in the world have noticed his talent. "I told many friends that Tudor Baluţa will not get to play in Brighton," Popescu told Digi Sport at the Football Club show. He also said he was sure that there are clubs bigger than Brighton now ready to offer more than 3million euros for him. Baluta reportedly received 80,000 euros when he signed for Brighton, and will earn 10,000 euros per week. Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali has also admitted he regrets that he missed the transfer of the midfielder after seeing his displays at the European Under-21 Championships. "I regret I did not take Baluta - he will be the best player, will be worth 200 million euros," Becali told Digi Sport"

Bit much.

Can't see us selling him for anything close to 3 million euros

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Bit much.

Convicted money launderer and tax evader Gica Popescu should be ignored.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see us selling him for anything close to 3 million euros

In 2020 or 2021. We've got him, and a couple of years playing for us will do him no harm - more likely the experience in the PL will do him a power of good (and hopefully us too).

Of course, if we just stick him in the U23s or loan him out to Bognor ......................................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Bit much.
If someone offers us £3 million, he stays.

If someone offers us £200 million, he's off !

There will be a tipping point somewhere between the 2... But I'm sure Deputy Barber would get a big sell on %age.

All common sense.

The best way to boost the profit is to play him in the PL.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With Potter as manager I'd say it's almost inconcievble that he doesn't get a look in this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What does his mum think?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m of a certain age now. Don’t care what she thinks, more what does his mum look like?

You're on the wrong thread for that.
You need Tudor's signing thread for that info.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Except for the bit about 200m Euro's.

That was a quote from Gigi Becali, another low life who has also been banged up for 3 years for corruption in a public office.

Baluta must be relieved to be in safe hands, out of the clutches of the Romanian Mafia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Romanian + Fight for place in team = :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here