Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garry Monk gone.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Birmingham City cementing their status as Premier Basket Case Club of the Championship.

Monk's departure has been universally condemned by Blues fans in the BBC comments section.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hughton would be a fool to even consider Birmingham City while those idiots are in charge. They will finish him as a manager.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why is it that some football club owners (Birmingham, Leeds) seem to have such an overdeveloped sense of where the club should be, combined with total lack of insight, they appear as if they have formed a strategic suicide pact with Jeremy Corbyn's labour party.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Birmingham City cementing their status as Premier Basket Case Club of the Championship.

Monk's departure has been universally condemned by Blues fans in the BBC comments section.

Sacking Rowett and Monk whilst they were doing alright on a low budget. Appointing Zola and Redknapp. Pathetic.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Reading anything (particularly this) about Garry Monk always reminds me of this Twitter screenshot that was doing the rounds when Middlesbrough sacked him:
4b3c7ba3672a1b7713015964146dc5d3.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
St Andrews is one of those places that I can't stand going to for any one of a number of reasons, but I must say some times I do feel a tiny wee morsel of sympathy for their fans.

And at the same time I thank the great God football that we have TB owning and running our club. Even whe he does something shocking like sacking CH out of the blue, we know that he cares about the club and has a plan and is prepared to fund his decisions.

Imagine for a moment being a supporter of Birmingham, or Blackburn, or Charlton, or Forest, or Reading, or Leeds, or dozens of other clubs run by people with no connection to the city and no knowledge of the history of the club.

My attitude is always tainted by memories of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti of course, and I accept that there are one or two of these owners who have been successful like at Wolves, Citeh and Liverpool, but if TB ever sold up.... well I just can't bear to contemplate the idea.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Why is it that some football club owners (Birmingham, Leeds) seem to have such an overdeveloped sense of where the club should be, combined with total lack of insight, they appear as if they have formed a strategic suicide pact with Jeremy Corbyn's labour party.

And like JC, they would probably go out on the stump and protest against their own incompetence.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Board of Directors are hopeful that over time the team can adopt a fresh and modern footballing philosophy, whilst maintaining the Club’s core values

Erm, wtf...???

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
St Andrews is one of those places that I can't stand going to for any one of a number of reasons, but I must say some times I do feel a tiny wee morsel of sympathy for their fans.

And at the same time I thank the great God football that we have TB owning and running our club. Even whe he does something shocking like sacking CH out of the blue, we know that he cares about the club and has a plan and is prepared to fund his decisions.

Imagine for a moment being a supporter of Birmingham, or Blackburn, or Charlton, or Forest, or Reading, or Leeds, or dozens of other clubs run by people with no connection to the city and no knowledge of the history of the club.

My attitude is always tainted by memories of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti of course, and I accept that there are one or two of these owners who have been successful like at Wolves, Citeh and Liverpool, but if TB ever sold up.... well I just can't bear to contemplate the idea.

St Andrews is one of the most depressing grounds in the league, in a depressing part of Birmingham, where they sing that depressing song, 'Keep Right On to the End of the Road'. And what a long, dull road it must be. It was cursed, of course, and when Barry Fry was manager he tried to lift the curse by, er, relieving himself at all four corners of the field.

I'd say the evidence is that he might need to have another go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here