Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garry Monk gone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
St Andrews is one of the most depressing grounds in the league, in a depressing part of Birmingham, where they sing that depressing song, 'Keep Right On to the End of the Road'. And what a long, dull road it must be. It was cursed, of course, and when Barry Fry was manager he tried to lift the curse by, er, relieving himself at all four corners of the field.
Fair enough. As the manager, he probably was aware of the state of the bogs.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is VERY strange....
Xavier Calm, a little-known Spanish coach whose last job was in charge of Spanish third-tier side UE Cornella, is the betting favourite to replace ex-Birmingham manager Garry Monk, who was sacked on Tuesday. (Birmingham Mail)

Or Clotet....
Teams managed
2001–2003 Cornellà
2004–2006 Espanyol (youth)
2006 Figueres
2008–2009 Espanyol (youth)
2009 Espanyol B
2010 Malmö FF (assistant)
2011 Halmstad
2012 Viking (assistant)
2012–2013 Málaga B
2013–2015 Swansea City (assistant)
2016–2017 Leeds United (assistant)
2017–2018 Oxford United
2018– Birmingham City (assistant)
2019– Birmingham City (caretaker)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Utter garbage owners. We really are so lucky!

They seem to always somehow survive but can't remember their last decent season. Then again it's one of my most common away days as Villa supporting family members come with. Usually some easy points especially in recent years.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why is it that some football club owners (Birmingham, Leeds) seem to have such an overdeveloped sense of where the club should be, combined with total lack of insight, they appear as if they have formed a strategic suicide pact with Jeremy Corbyn's labour party.

Because the people and companies that own them are nothing short of speculators out to build their own money pot. They have no clue as to what football is really about.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Imagine for a moment being a supporter of Birmingham, or Blackburn, or Charlton, or Forest, or Reading, or Leeds,

I just imagined it. Even though I only did so for the “moment” you suggested I still managed to find myself talking like I had a clothes peg on my nose, dressed top to toe in a Primark trackie and with an overwhelming urge to piss in the kitchen sink without even being arsed to take the dishes out first.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because the people and companies that own them are nothing short of speculators out to build their own money pot. They have no clue as to what football is really about.

Thanks. Right answer. My question was rhetorical, though :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
When your company's name is Trillion Trophy, you know you're dealing with muppets!

Quite a few rich Chinese organisations start with Tr....Some best not to mess with.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

You saw that coming did you?

Right or wrong, it was a shock out of the blue
I thought it might happen but that the odds were against it, although it was a bit of a shock (in the dramatic sense) . You basically need to either find out what 'out of the blue' means or refer to some of those posts speculating about the event in the weeks that led up to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here