Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC Fans Forum 2019

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because Tony is a SHOWMAN and wants to unveil the BIG secret signing, as a surprise at the forum.

"Oh one last thing ladies and gents. We'd just like to introduce you all to our new number 9..*"

"* who has been loaned out to Slovenia to gain valuable experience, while we think about work permit arrangements for Kyrgyzstani nationals"

620x349

"New signing arrives at the Amex in time to be UNVEILED at Fans Forum"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm honestly wondering if someone has forgotten. Its bizarre timing.

Obviously the club would like to think it'll have everything in place so that a last minute scramble isn't needed this summer...but how can they KNOW ?

Michael Owen will have signed early a.m., so bags of time!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Every single year. The thread about the forum is a) clearly mostly from people who have never been or listened to one b) always mentions Albion running their own trainline c) never acknowledges it normally has a bunch of thoughtful questions and answers d)never gives the club and the BBC credit for doing something that very few clubs are confident or sensible enough to bother with.

but hey.
back to the (tired) oldl jokes.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Every single year. The thread about the forum is a) clearly mostly from people who have never been or listened to one b) always mentions Albion running their own trainline c) never acknowledges it normally has a bunch of thoughtful questions and answers d)never gives the club and the BBC credit for doing something that very few clubs are confident or sensible enough to bother with.

but hey.

Are you Barry from Bognor?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Do you really think much business will be done in all honesty? I have my doubts.

Re Barber's words of a few weeks ago, any squad changes will be "evolutionary rather than revolutionary." So no, I don't anticipate there will be too much business done, though our policy has always been that if there is a good opportunity to get a deal done that will improve the squad at the right price, then the club will act. I do think we will make at least one signing, and based on that assumption we'd presumably want all our business completed well before the 8th if possible.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Deal sheets for deals that can’t be completed before 5pm can be submitted from 3pm. If they are, the absolute drop dead time for finalising and submitting the full paperwork is 7pm.

Barber submits final sets of paperwork for our three signings at 6:59pm, walks into the 1901 lounge, nods at Tony, who announces our new #9, ACM, & RB.

Well, it could happen.

Nah, it’s the Albion - never in a million years.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In this modern Amex era must admit I am never, ever more embarrassed and ashamed of my fellow Brighton fans as I am when I read/hear the questions asked at these events. Dullards who love the sound of their own voices drivelling on about crap. If people wonder why the club sometimes seem to treat the fans with contempt these forums are the reason.

I know what you mean, but instead of moaning about this why don't you get down there yourself and ask a more interesting question, or even email it in if you can't be there?

Pointless moaning about the quality of questions if you yourself don't ask something more pertinent. I look forward to hearing your question on the night.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

but hey.

PS: Always has multiple people going on about the questions not to their liking yet never quite persuaded of the idea, the very idea, that they could ask one themselves.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To be hosted at the Amex on the 8th of August, 7pm. Graham Potter, Tony Bloom and Paul Barber in attendance.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/june/fans-forum-date-confirmed/

I will be going...extremely interesting to note the event is occurring 2 hours after the close of the summer transfer window - clearly the club are confident of having any desired business completed before this date.

It is quite surprising that GP, TB and PB have committed to being there, just 2 hours after the window closes. Quite often clubs seem to get a bit of leeway to complete the paperwork on a signing if its all but over the line. Instead, our head honcho's will be sat there fielding questions from Malcolm of Mile Oak over whether we can have sporks in the ESU.

I'm honestly wondering if someone has forgotten. Its bizarre timing.

Obviously the club would like to think it'll have everything in place so that a last minute scramble isn't needed this summer...but how can they KNOW ?

People seem to have forgotten that this is the second season that the summer transfer window closes prior to the start of the PL season. Last August the Fans' Forum was held at exactly the same time (the Thursday before the start of the season, and two hours after the window closes).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
To be hosted at the Amex on the 8th of August, 7pm. Graham Potter, Tony Bloom and Paul Barber in attendance.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/june/fans-forum-date-confirmed/

I will be going...extremely interesting to note the event is occurring 2 hours after the close of the summer transfer window - clearly the club are confident of having any desired business completed before this date.
There won't be any meaningful transfers. Only development squad players.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
'Hi, Ken from Midhurst. I've been a season ticket holder since the Goldstone and I'd like to know why the sink nearest the exit in the toilets in the WSU is slightly wonky. Is this something the club are aware of and what are they planning on doing to fix it?'
These are the big questions of our time. It is wonky and I want to know what Potter is going to do about it. I’d like to see a young plumber have a go at it, with no team leaks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here