Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] You’ll never believe just how many there are. Amazing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are more stars in the observable universe than grains of sand on Earth..........
That's bollocks given the state of your eyesight!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
£s in the weekly pay packet of Paul Pogba next season that Man Utd are supposedly offering to get him to stay.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Flat Earthers
Anti-Vaxxers
QAnons

Scary the amount of genuinely thick/weird people there are around nowadays. Or is the Internet just putting the microscope on these freaks to give exposure to something that's always been there?

I blame the internet - either that or people really are getting thicker. In the old days there weren't that many and they just used to sit in the corners of pubs muttering to themselves. If you walked too close they'd grab you and say something like "Do you know every single commercial jet airliner carries an atomic bomb so that in the event of war they can immediately be converted into bombers?". Now they've all got websites and YouTube channels and they can achieve a level of critical mass by appealing to fellow idiots. As you say: scary how many fall for it.

I'm dreading 21st July, 50 years since the first moon landing. They might as well declare it World Idiot Day as we're going to be bombarded with people who can 'prove' that all six landings were faked.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I blame the internet - either that or people really are getting thicker. In the old days there weren't that many and they just used to sit in the corners of pubs muttering to themselves. If you walked too close they'd grab you and say something like "Do you know every single commercial jet airliner carries an atomic bomb so that in the event of war they can immediately be converted into bombers?". Now they've all got websites and YouTube channels and they can achieve a level of critical mass by appealing to fellow idiots. As you say: scary how many fall for it.

I'm dreading 21st July, 50 years since the first moon landing. They might as well declare it World Idiot Day as we're going to be bombarded with people who can 'prove' that all six landings were faked.

I think you’re right. People can’t be getting thicker, it’s just that social media gives thick people a voice who wouldn’t have had one before.

Social media has changed so much, but the main thing it has taught me is that MOST people are ****ing idiots. I genuinely don’t think that is an exaggeration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here