Gaetan Bong

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Labour Party BrExit policies?
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Gallons of water on the outfield at New Road, Worcester?
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      Varieties of cheese?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      People stupidly responding to this thread?
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

0 Not allowed!
      17.4 Million ****wits?
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

0 Not allowed!
      Bottle top related deaths?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      People who don't wash their hands after taking a piss in a supermarket toilet.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Flat Earthers
      Anti-Vaxxers
      QAnons

Scary the amount of genuinely thick/weird people there are around nowadays. Or is the Internet just putting the microscope on these freaks to give exposure to something that's always been there?
      I blame the internet - either that or people really are getting thicker. In the old days there weren't that many and they just used to sit in the corners of pubs muttering to themselves. If you walked too close they'd grab you and say something like "Do you know every single commercial jet airliner carries an atomic bomb so that in the event of war they can immediately be converted into bombers?". Now they've all got websites and YouTube channels and they can achieve a level of critical mass by appealing to fellow idiots. As you say: scary how many fall for it.

I'm dreading 21st July, 50 years since the first moon landing. They might as well declare it World Idiot Day as we're going to be bombarded with people who can 'prove' that all six landings were faked.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I blame the internet - either that or people really are getting thicker. In the old days there weren't that many and they just used to sit in the corners of pubs muttering to themselves. If you walked too close they'd grab you and say something like "Do you know every single commercial jet airliner carries an atomic bomb so that in the event of war they can immediately be converted into bombers?". Now they've all got websites and YouTube channels and they can achieve a level of critical mass by appealing to fellow idiots. As you say: scary how many fall for it.

I'm dreading 21st July, 50 years since the first moon landing. They might as well declare it World Idiot Day as we're going to be bombarded with people who can 'prove' that all six landings were faked.
      I think you池e right. People can稚 be getting thicker, it痴 just that social media gives thick people a voice who wouldn稚 have had one before.

Social media has changed so much, but the main thing it has taught me is that MOST people are ****ing idiots. I genuinely don稚 think that is an exaggeration.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."