Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Worcestershire CCC v Sussex CCC, CC Div 2 at Kidderminster (flood free) 18-21 June***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
15 ball duck for Finch after Beer took 25 balls making 3 runs...

Obviously tricky conditions to bat in.

Hopefully will get easier.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Finch fails again - I'd love to know what clout he has to keep getting picked

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As far as I'm aware he doesn't have any "clout". What did you have in mind? He is clearly struggling for runs and will need to improve but being stuck in on the first morning at an outground after a week of rain isn't really the opportunity that he needs to kickstart his season...

The reality is that the cupboard is pretty bare at the moment and there is not a strong push from the 2nd XI. Beer playing as a batsman illustrates this point.

Three Sussex born and bred Academy products at the top of the order is unusual and essentially a good thing though. If one of them gets a half decent score in this innings then I'll be happy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As far as I'm aware he doesn't have any "clout". What did you have in mind? He is clearly struggling for runs and will need to improve but being stuck in on the first morning at an outground after a week of rain isn't really the opportunity that he needs to kickstart his season...

The reality is that the cupboard is pretty bare at the moment and there is not a strong push from the 2nd XI. Beer playing as a batsman illustrates this point.

Three Sussex born and bred Academy products at the top of the order is unusual and essentially a good thing though. If one of them gets a half decent score in this innings then I'll be happy.

I know that it's a struggle for runs in this wicket but the point is that he's played every game - on some very flat wickets - and has an average of under 20 (and not hit a single 50 yet).

It would be different if he was on a bad run but he's been in the side for some years now and has an average of under 30.

I'm all for playing Academy players but it's not working out for Finch. Maybe it's time to give Rawlins a shot - or play Haines lower down the order.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We keep signing bowlers. That probably has something to do with it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He must be telling tales on Rawlins

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone know how Harrison ward is getting on? I saw him play in Oxfordshire as a teenager and was impressed. He must be 20-ish by now. Wondered if he’s worth a go....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here