Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Houghton still unemployed

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
So two teams in the Championship who want a manager to get them up to the Premier League have gone with an England U 17 manager and a manager who I think has only managed in the Premiership and got sacked.
Is CH now damaged goods as you would have thought he would have been a shoe in for one of these jobs

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So two teams in the Championship who want a manager to get them up to the Premier League have gone with an England U 17 manager and a manager who I think has only managed in the Premiership and got sacked.
Is CH now damaged goods as you would have thought he would have been a shoe in for one of these jobs

We have no idea what he is looking for, if at all.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thought he was holding out for a Premier League job.

Think he’ll be waiting a long time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm not suggesting he would want - or get - any of them, but there will at least 3 or 4 PL jobs up for grabs before Christmas.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Shoo in.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
One of those two jobs is West Brom, right? That would be a bit awkward after the issues between Bong and Rodriguez. So it's only really one job available, and that's a Boro side that not too long ago got bored with Aitor Karanka's defence-first football. I don't see them being in a rush to go with another defensive minded manager.

I think it's far too soon to start reading anything into his employment status.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Edited (slight return) for you.

;)

For me? Why Thank you......i may have been a diehard Hughton supporter but I am now firmly in the Potter is King camp.....i am easily pleased.....so pleased we employed Potter and not

Pardew
Hughes
Alladyce
Neville
On
And
On
And
On
And
On.....
?.....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me? Why Thank you......i may have been a diehard Hughton supporter but I am now firmly in the Potter is King camp.....i am easily pleased.....so pleased we employed Potter and not

Pardew
Hughes
Alladyce
Neville
On
And
On
And
On
And
On.....
?.....

I was only pulling your leg old boy...

I would have added:

Moyes,
McLaren,
Keane,
Ince...

And some comedy old gold in:

Phil Brown,
Paul Jewel,
Danny Wilson,
Frank Clark,
Kevin Keegan,
Tony Adams,
Christian Gross.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
One of those two jobs is West Brom, right? That would be a bit awkward after the issues between Bong and Rodriguez. So it's only really one job available, and that's a Boro side that not too long ago got bored with Aitor Karanka's defence-first football. I don't see them being in a rush to go with another defensive minded manager.

I think it's far too soon to start reading anything into his employment status.

West Brom appointed slaven bilic last week and boro appointed Jonathan woodgate.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I still cannot respond seriously to anyone who spells his surname 'Houghton'. It has been 4 years now.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I still cannot respond seriously to anyone who spells his surname 'Houghton'. It has been 4 years now.

Possibly on purpose? I hope so...

Anyway, I don't think CH is a bad manager. He just wasn't for us at the latter stages. We all have our limits.

PS : Potter hasn't lost a single match since he became the BHAFC manager. Impressive start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here