Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Houghton still unemployed

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I very much doubt it, or the LMA would have made a statement by now.
Not to mention BAME or John Barnes.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think he is waiting for his return invitation,rescuing the club from Sami mk. 2

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I don’t know exactly WHAT he was thinking for the last half of the season.

I do think that it worked out in the end and Chris prevented us getting relegated. I was bored shitless watching it, as was everyone else, and it was a sign that Hughton had reached the limit of his skill. However. I am grateful to him for keeping us at the table.

1. Not everyone else
2. Disagree entirely he had reached limit of his skill.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I don’t think Bournemouth or Cardiff we’re “a lot better” than us.

It was then that I realised that something had gone catastrophically wrong.

Agree BUT I don't think what was wrong was being too defensive.
In both these games we did far more attacking than the opposition UNTIL we got hit on the break. My concern from these games was how we seemed to lack any self belief/confidence once we went 1-0 down

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have kept quiet and not posted against some of the negative points that some people have posted here. Chris Hughton is an absolute Gentleman. He took Brighton to where Brighton dreamed of being when Tony Bloom built the Amex . Three managers at least failed to fulfill that dream. OK maybe he isn't Pep Guardiola butt Brighton are living the dream because of Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. So all these snide comments should stop. Let's hope Brighton sustain the progress. Chris was part of that journey. Why can't you all just be thankful and wish him well on his future ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's still a concern our lack of a suitable right back Montoya looks the part but he's no Bruno!

Plus the never ending search for a centre forward a young Alan Shearer up for sale at a price we can afford, unless we plan to sell one of our two prize assets for mega bucks to fund a striker and right back, I hope we don't live to regret Conroy Goldstone leaving us

Corrected for you :wink::cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have kept quiet and not posted against some of the negative points that some people have posted here. Chris Hughton is an absolute Gentleman. He took Brighton to where Brighton dreamed of being when Tony Bloom built the Amex . Three managers at least failed to fulfill that dream. OK maybe he isn't Pep Guardiola butt Brighton are living the dream because of Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. So all these snide comments should stop. Let's hope Brighton sustain the progress. Chris was part of that journey. Why can't you all just be thankful and wish him well on his future ?

This. Actually....just....this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have a bit of ****in respect for what he achieved for this Club

Is the trollmeister crossing the line again? Well, at least it may have raised him a boner. The ****.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is the trollmeister crossing the line again? Well, at least it may have raised him a boner. The ****.

Agree. To defend Chris on this, i've played quite a bit of football for rubbish teams near the bottom of various Saturday and Sunday leagues, and at no point did we ever plan to spend most of the game defending, it's just what happens when the opponents are better than you. You are just forced back, it's not conscious. Now I know there's a bit of a difference in the pre-match planning with the premier to Sunday league, but I think the principle applies across both. The consequence of playing a better team is that you inevitably defend a lot

And when almost your entire midfield and attack are fairly shit doesn't help

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know what the rush is for Hughton to get a job ?

Surely a nice little break now and then pick up one around the International Break sacking season ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Absolutely this, sums up how I feel perfectly.

How is whether he's "still unemployed" even a thing here unless people are trying to say "look, no-one wants him". Well, how about whether he wants to jump straight back in. Picture it yourself. You've given your heart and soul to a company for years, done exactly what was asked of you, taken the company to heights they haven't been at for so long, it was a different World the last time the company was there. Then you get unceremoniously binned off, but presumably with a fairly handsome pay-off (not automatic, a LOT of these go through a legal battle before they are actually paid up).

There you are, 60 years old, hacked off with how you've been treated, but (hopefully) with a fair old wedge in the bank. Personally, I'd definitely be off on a long holiday before seeing what opportunities come up. Maybe the media are on the phone for a cushty Holloway type gig covering The Championship, or maybe you're wondering what handful of clubs have a managers job come available around Oct/Nov when they don't start as well as they hoped. Either way, I'd be in absolutely no rush to jump into my next job in the fire pit of football management.

So please stop with re-writing history on the Hughton years, and forget judging whether the time he has off before his next role is any sort of measure of the mans success.

We wouldn't be here without him. We wouldn't have got here, let alone stayed here. Don't forget that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Yes, we all know Hughton is a gentleman. I'm pretty sure that has been acknowledged by all of his critics.

We all wish him well for his future and I can't recall any comments on here to the contrary. Even from his harshest critics.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Absolutely this, sums up how I feel perfectly.

How is whether he's "still unemployed" even a thing here unless people are trying to say "look, no-one wants him". Well, how about whether he wants to jump straight back in. Picture it yourself. You've given your heart and soul to a company for years, done exactly what was asked of you, taken the company to heights they haven't been at for so long, it was a different World the last time the company was there. Then you get unceremoniously binned off, but presumably with a fairly handsome pay-off (not automatic, a LOT of these go through a legal battle before they are actually paid up).

There you are, 60 years old, hacked off with how you've been treated, but (hopefully) with a fair old wedge in the bank. Personally, I'd definitely be off on a long holiday before seeing what opportunities come up. Maybe the media are on the phone for a cushty Holloway type gig covering The Championship, or maybe you're wondering what handful of clubs have a managers job come available around Oct/Nov when they don't start as well as they hoped. Either way, I'd be in absolutely no rush to jump into my next job in the fire pit of football management.

So please stop with re-writing history on the Hughton years, and forget judging whether the time he has off before his next role is any sort of measure of the mans success.

We wouldn't be here without him. We wouldn't have got here, let alone stayed here. Don't forget that.
Perfectly put. One of those 'big' clubs that come up short in the Championship year after year may well prove a perfect fit for him. A highly successful career, on and off the pitch, and an unbelievably decent human being. Chris Hughton has nothing to prove to anyone.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, we all know Hughton is a gentleman. I'm pretty sure that has been acknowledged by all of his critics.

We all wish him well for his future and I can't recall any comments on here to the contrary. Even from his harshest critics.

Apart from one poster saying "The manager was [not trying] ...and was taking the piss. Every f.ucking week."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here