Frank Clark,
Kevin Keegan,
Tony Adams,
Christian Gross.

I still miss HIM you know..:tantrum:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He's still getting paid so why should he take another job immediately?

Absolutely, he agreed a deal until 2021 and as it wasn't a mutual parting, we'll have either paid his contract up in full, or be doing a Chelsea and have him on gardening leave until his next job. I'd hardly be in a rush to start a new job if I'd just been paid 2 years Premier League wages in advance and didn't have to do any work for it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8958137 said:
But ZERO shots on target also :rant:

True. Although carrying on with this current form will see us qualifying for the Champions League.

1.JPG

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So two teams in the Championship who want a manager to get them up to the Premier League have gone with an England U 17 manager and a manager who I think has only managed in the Premiership and got sacked.
Is CH now damaged goods as you would have thought he would have been a shoe in for one of these jobs

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

And he applied..or was interested? :facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's still getting paid so why should he take another job immediately?

Are you sure? I suspect that, having been sacked, his contract was either paid up, a financial agreement reached or the club just stopped paying and it's up to him to take them to court. If you're sacked, you stop getting a salary.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Absolutely, he agreed a deal until 2021 and as it wasn't a mutual parting, we'll have either paid his contract up in full, or be doing a Chelsea and have him on gardening leave until his next job. I'd hardly be in a rush to start a new job if I'd just been paid 2 years Premier League wages in advance and didn't have to do any work for it.

It doesn't work quite like that for most managers, 90% of managers have a contract with a termination clause which generally equals 1 years salary. Chelski were a naive exception to this rule along with a few others. Chris won't be at the begging bowl but neither will he be sat on a two year payout.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you sure? I suspect that, having been sacked, his contract was either paid up, a financial agreement reached or the club just stopped paying and it's up to him to take them to court. If you're sacked, you stop getting a salary.

In football, when you're sacked the contract is paid in full. He probably got a lump sum rather than a monthly salary.
Mutual agreement means all ties are severed.

Gus had a large 2 million agreement on his contract, which was why he wasn't sacked, but the club dismissed him for disciplinary matters rather than sacking him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chris Hughton applied for the Brighton job when Hyypia was given the post. He was still available six months later, when Sami resigned. I doubt he was on the breadline for that six months.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It doesn't work quite like that for most managers, 90% of managers have a contract with a termination clause which generally equals 1 years salary. Chelski were a naive exception to this rule along with a few others. Chris won't be at the begging bowl but neither will he be sat on a two year payout.

Really interesting. The point still stands however; no need for him to rush back in. We have paid him some kind of compensation (which he deserves for committing to our long term future) and he can return to a job that he sees as a good opportunity, rather than having to grasp at anything that comes up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In football, when you're sacked the contract is paid in full. He probably got a lump sum rather than a monthly salary.
Mutual agreement means all ties are severed.

Gus had a large 2 million agreement on his contract, which was why he wasn't sacked, but the club dismissed him for disciplinary matters rather than sacking him.

I think you have that the wrong way round. When we sacked GP we didn't pay his contract because if was for gross misconduct. He took us to court but withdrew when he got the Sunderland job. What manager is going to agree to leave on 'mutual agreement' if it doesn't come with a pay off?

I suspect the club did make a payment to Hughton as it was different circumstances to GP but who really knows? However, I assume that it was described as a sacking as Hughton didn't want to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here