Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs you have never heard of but really should

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Although the thread is CLAGGY as anything, I'll add this.

I found out recently that Eminem's "My Name Is" samples Labi Siffre's track "I got the"

I am youngish and had never heard of Labi Siffre. I listened to "I Got The" and it's brilliant. I then learnt that the session musicians (and therefore the musicians behind the sample on Eminem) were Chas and Dave.

So Eminem sampled Chas and Dave.

My naivety about Siffre also meant I didn't realise "It Must be Love" was also his song.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Although the thread is CLAGGY as anything, I'll add this.

I found out recently that Eminem's "My Name Is" samples Labi Siffre's track "I got the"

I am youngish and had never heard of Labi Siffre. I listened to "I Got The" and it's brilliant. I then learnt that the session musicians (and therefore the musicians behind the sample on Eminem) were Chas and Dave.

So Eminem sampled Chas and Dave.

My naivety about Siffre also meant I didn't realise "It Must be Love" was also his song.
You've probably never heard of 'So Strong' by him either?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tell us what songs you have never heard of?
Am I the only one who sees a rather large flaw in this request?

Tell us when you stumble across them (modest use of retrospectoscope permitted).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT appears to have turned his musical receptor off in about 1985 and forgotten to turn it back on again :lol:

Now you just know that isn't true. :lolol:

And despite the usual scorn from [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], this thread has elicited exactly the sort of responses I anticipated.

I'll post another, a track of some importance to fans of Killing Joke, but which I took nearly ten years to stumble across. Scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQwX9h6kWo

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shazam is your new best mate here. Don't leave home without it! Every second bar in Brighton town boasts an ambient soundtrack of tunes you've never heard before and will likely never hear again. Foreign jaunts offer equally rich new and evocative pickings. Discovered the medieval war dance of Corvus Corax in a castle in Austria, deep house twist on Game Of Thrones of Mahmut Orhan in a club in Samos and - best of all - the haunting lilting Lykke Li in 30 degrees of frost in the Arctic Circle. Here's one of her's. It's beautiful :love:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Shazam is your new best mate here. Don't leave home without it! Every second bar in Brighton town boasts an ambient soundtrack of tunes you've never heard before and will likely never hear again. Foreign jaunts offer equally rich new and evocative pickings. Discovered the medieval war dance of Corvus Corax in a castle in Austria, deep house twist on Game Of Thrones of Mahmut Orhan in a club in Samos and - best of all - the haunting lilting Lykke Li in 30 degrees of frost in the Arctic Circle. Here's one of her's. It's beautiful :love:

Lovely stuff. Beautiful indeed. Never heard of it either.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Walked into a CD store in Reykjavik and they were playing a song I really liked the sound of. I asked who it was and they said it was Fjallabræður, and that they were just 50 or 60 guys who liked to make music. I bought the CD and ever since have followed them on Facebook, where they often stream their rehearsals live. My favourite Icelandic male voice rock band. You never know what you'll get with them, that's for sure.

The song I heard doesn't seem to have made it to YouTube so I'll have to remedy that, but in the meantime, here's another, picked at random.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here